1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD JohnK Anvil Bass Distortion

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by JBoogy, May 25, 2017.

1. JBoogy

JBoogy

Aug 25, 2015
    Pensacola, FL
    Price:
    IMG_4399.jpg IMG_4400.jpg IMG_4403.jpg

Mint JohnK Anvil Bass Distortion, only like 3 made. Amazing super heavy lush saturated distortion. Paypal Only. Shipping to the lower 48 included. This is from fellow TB'er JohnK (John Kallas) he is a wizard that makes awesome pedals.

Anvil Bass Distortion

I named this one the "Anvil" because it's one of the HEAVIEST sounding bass distortions that I've built to date. (I was going to name it "Heavy"). This one's distortion control has no clean setting ( it goes from mild distortion to massive distortion!), and I personally think that it sounds gorgeous, like a tube amp pushed way past its limit. It has a TON of low end and with its gyrator tone stack is capable of a zillion tones, from midrangy to scooped & from bright to bassy and anywhere in between. A Jfet front end feeds two dual 4558 opamps and has 6 more transistors for the overall voicing and EQ's of the circuit. It sounds equally great with active or passive basses. Only 3 of these will be built to order. It also has a relayed true bypass.

TerribleLiar23 likes this.
  2. ohmargoodness

ohmargoodness

Jan 2, 2013
    Hmm I'm intrigued for sure! Is there anything that you would compare this to? Or are there any sound clips available by chance? Thanks!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 11, 2021