Johnny "Spazz" Hatton interview

Discussion in 'Rockabilly [DB]' started by GoofusInsanius, May 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Checkout this interview with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton by Bass Musician Magazine:

It has some tips for players (strings, bass and amplification), and some nice anecdotes :)
    I just ordered his book.

AlBass likes this.
  2. jasonrp

jasonrp

Feb 19, 2015
    vt
    It's a great book for 2 reasons (imo)

1: It covers all sorts of slap styles and rhythms
    2: The lessons are in multiple keys rather than just in C

I can't view it at work but I'll check out the vid when I get home

GoofusInsanius likes this.
  3. Cool :)
    How 'bout scripture? There's not alot of sheet music i hope? I can't read notes.... :oops:

4. jasonrp

jasonrp

Feb 19, 2015
    vt
    The whole thing is sheet. You can go online and watch the vids that go with it but, if you want to play the music, you'd better start learning. Buying that book is the reason I learned to read and I've never regretted it

It's not too hard. Learn the notes on studybass, than google a testing game for the notes (I found one that lets you choose bass or treble clef and changes key sigs)

5. Thanks for the pointer :thumbsup:
    I can read tab.. i used to be able to read notes when i was a kid. I guess i should pick it up again ;)
    The vid's that go along with the book sound promising as well :)

6. AlBass

AlBass

Aug 19, 2018
    UK
    This was posted a while back but just found it. It's a great interview - thanks for posting it :cool:

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021