Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Johnson Bass Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fenderbass1214, Oct 30, 2002.

1. fenderbass1214

fenderbass1214 Guest

Oct 29, 2002
    California
    Do you know if Johnson Bass Amps are any good? I have been looking on ebay for quite a while and Ive seen 120 watt Johnson Bass amp there for 120.00 which seems cheap but I dont know if there good. If you could please email me what you think at Iplayfender1214@aol.com thanks alot!

2. They're ok for a budget company I suppose. I have a 30 watt Johnson. I'm hoping to upgrade to a 100 watt Ampeg BA115 though.

YESS...WITH MY NEW BASS..I WILL PWN JOOZ!

3. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    I have Johnson 20w for home practicing and I'm very surprised how sweet and articulate tone it has fot its price range (50-60$). No doubt ,it was good investment.

4. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    If you're talking about the Johnson Stage 100's like these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=915415671

I have one. It was like 150.00 when I bought it off Ebay about 4 months ago. For the price, they are fine. I had to open it up and tighten everything down inside to eliminate some rattles, but after that it did a lot better. I actually used it to "gig" with when our church band was playing in a smaller auditorium, but we were relocated to a large gym a couple of weeks ago and it just doesn't have enough ummmph to handle the requirement. I am stepping up and getting an SWR Workingman's 15. It's a great little practice amp though and had enough guts to really irritate my neighbors.:D I'll be putting mine on Ebay when my SWR gets here. I'd probably sell it to a fellow TB'er for 100 bucks plus shipping though if you're interested.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'm not going to talk about my Johnson here.

6. uhhh ok

7. Does Johnson have two lines?
    Cheap and not.

A guitar player I play with has a Johnson amp and the thing is very very nice.
    Very flexable.

To quote the guitar players first phone call "Grab your weapon of choice" "You have to come over and check out my Johnson!" "I picked up some external attachments" "Makes it even more flexible"

I showed up with a bat.

8. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    Yup there's two. I don't think they're related though. There's the Johnson Amps you see on Ebay, and only on Ebay as far as I know. Then there's the high quality Johnson Amplification company which is a totally different level of equipment. Not a bad model on their home page etiher! :D

http://www.johnson-amp.com/