Johnson Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hanz812, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Hanz812

Sep 15, 2002
    I am looking at getting a 5-String Bass off of Ebay - There is a nice looking 5-String Johnson Bass, and I wanted to know if Johnson basses are quality basses. Responces much appreciated.
  2. Everything that I've ever heard about Johnson basses is that they suck. I have been half tempted to buy on of those five packs of really crappy basses that they're always selling on ebay for like $160 and just smash them at a gig.:D
  3. for similar basses in the same price range, that most members here will agree don't suck,

check out

rondo music

not alot of info on the brice collection but there has been alot of praise for the Essex line.
  4. Hanz812

Sep 15, 2002
    Thanks for the advice guys.
  5. MorganM

Dec 11, 1999
    c'mon, just look at it, doesn't it look like the suckiest suck suck that ever sucked :D
  6. That looks like a great bass...

...For me to poop on!!! :D :D :D

Had to use Triumph's favorite line. I actually don't know anything about these, but they don't look that great. Consensus around here is the best bang for the buck are Essex basses, probably followed by Made in Mexico Fender Jazz basses and MTD Kingston, in order from least expensive to most expensive (Kingstons are still only in the ~$500 range, which is not bad).