Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Johnson J-Station, Anyone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Jul 25, 2000.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Has anybody picked up one of these yet? It appeals because it has both bass and g*itar amp modeling, and thus would be much more versatile for me than a Pandora or a POD. My main use would be as a headphone amp. Comments/flames?

------------------
    "Why sharpen the plow when you can just beat the mule?"

2. I have just put up something about a pod that I have bought today in The Pod Squad.. I didn't really fancy the Johnson thing it didn't look quite as versitile as the pod

3. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Stu -

Thanks for the comment. Actually. I suspect the J would be more versatile, at least for me, because it models both guitar and bass amps, and has the provision for adding more in the future. I'm not really an effects hound, and am looking more for the amp and cab modeling. Did you listen to/play with both?

4. I've got to be honest, for the J machine, I'm going off a review I read in the Uk mag Guitarist - so I have not tried it, the pod I've been working with today and I'm still very taken with the preset sounds both for direct recording and pushing it through the Marshall B150 combo I have, I've tweaked things a little and found the changes in sound instantly noticeable, that could be good or could be bad not sure yet. One more thing line 6 are putting software out on their site for what they call deep editing, that has to be done over midi.

5. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Back to the top...