Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Johnson JR-440ES Resonator Bass Guitar - w/ pickup

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by dalimus-thaden, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Johnson JR440ES acoustic/electric resonator bass guitar. If you've been shopping for a resonator bass guitar, you'll know they're hard to come by. Finding a new instrument at this low price is truly a rare event. The Johnson JR-440-ES acoustic/electric resonator bass has the big, punchy sound you can't find on regular acoustic basses. This model is constructed with a spruce top, and mahogany back & sides. The neck is mahogany, and it sports a dyed, rosewood fretboard for a classy look. It features a nickel-plated, bell-brass coverplate & tailpiece, 10.5 inch spun aluminum resonator cone, and a traditional sandcast spider bridge for an authentic sound. This versatile bass can be played acoustically, or use the built-in "lipstick" pickup to plug into an amplifier, PA system or recorder. If you need a quality, well made instrument at an amazing price then your search is over...

Features:
    Spruce-Top
    Mahogany Back/Sides
    Bound Rosewood Fretboard
    Adjustable Truss Rod
    Diecast Tuning Machines
    Sandcast Spider Bridge
    10.5" Spun Aluminum Cone
    Nickel-Plated, Bell-Brass Coverplate
    1 "Lipstick" Pickup
    Volume & Tone Controls
    Cream Body Binding
    High-Gloss Sunburst Finish

I have had this guitar for around 3 months and it has basically just sat in my room collecting dust. So I will sell it for any reasonable offer.

It comes with a nice gig bag, a brown Levy strap and I also replaced the original strings with Martin acoustics. There is one very small ding on the back but other than that it is in perfect condition.

I will post some pics soon.

2. here are some pics:

3. another pic

4. and another

5. And here is a pic of the ding

6. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    How much do you want for the bass ?

7. I was hoping to get $325 + $25 for insured priority shipping. So $350 shipped for the guitar, gig bag and strap.

8. Price reduction: $300 + $25 for shipping
    Total= $325

9. David Morris

David Morris Supporting Member

May 22, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    You have mail.

10. I checked my mail but I didn't receive your email.

11. David Morris

David Morris Supporting Member

May 22, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I sent another - I hope it gets through this time.

12. shon

shon

Nov 27, 2002
    Healdsburg, CA!!
    why do you keep saying up?

13. up (bump)

14. Ok people I really need to sell this baby, new price $250 plus $25 for shipping.

pm me if interested

15. I need to sell it so $250 shipped to your door.