1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Johnson JR-440ES Resonator Bass Guitar - w/ pickup

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by dalimus-thaden, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Johnson JR440ES acoustic/electric resonator bass guitar. If you've been shopping for a resonator bass guitar, you'll know they're hard to come by. Finding a new instrument at this low price is truly a rare event. The Johnson JR-440-ES acoustic/electric resonator bass has the big, punchy sound you can't find on regular acoustic basses. This model is constructed with a spruce top, and mahogany back & sides. The neck is mahogany, and it sports a dyed, rosewood fretboard for a classy look. It features a nickel-plated, bell-brass coverplate & tailpiece, 10.5 inch spun aluminum resonator cone, and a traditional sandcast spider bridge for an authentic sound. This versatile bass can be played acoustically, or use the built-in "lipstick" pickup to plug into an amplifier, PA system or recorder. If you need a quality, well made instrument at an amazing price then your search is over...

Features:
    Spruce-Top
    Mahogany Back/Sides
    Bound Rosewood Fretboard
    Adjustable Truss Rod
    Diecast Tuning Machines
    Sandcast Spider Bridge
    10.5" Spun Aluminum Cone
    Nickel-Plated, Bell-Brass Coverplate
    1 "Lipstick" Pickup
    Volume & Tone Controls
    Cream Body Binding
    High-Gloss Sunburst Finish

I have had this guitar for around 3 months and it has basically just sat in my room collecting dust. So I will sell it for any reasonable offer.

It comes with a nice gig bag, a brown Levy strap and I also replaced the original strings with Martin acoustics. There is one very small ding on the back but other than that it is in perfect condition.

I will post some pics soon.

2. here are some pics:

3. another pic

4. and another

5. And here is a pic of the ding

6. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    How much do you want for the bass ?

7. I was hoping to get $325 + $25 for insured priority shipping. So $350 shipped for the guitar, gig bag and strap.

8. Price reduction: $300 + $25 for shipping
    Total= $325

9. David Morris

David Morris Supporting Member

May 22, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    You have mail.

10. I checked my mail but I didn't receive your email.

11. David Morris

David Morris Supporting Member

May 22, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I sent another - I hope it gets through this time.

12. shon

shon

Nov 27, 2002
    Healdsburg, CA!!
    why do you keep saying up?

13. up (bump)

14. Ok people I really need to sell this baby, new price $250 plus $25 for shipping.

pm me if interested

15. I need to sell it so $250 shipped to your door.