1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Join a facebook group and annoy my girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Komakino, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Hey guys and gals,

My girlfriend has a horse (a traditional cob) called Harry who she's about to start entering for shows. As a joke, a while ago I created a facebook profile for Harry which I periodically update the status on, to muse on life from Harry's perspective: complaining about her putting a rug on me when it's warm, musing over the quality of hay, extolling the virtues of hay, saying how great it is being in a field, and posting bad horse-related puns like "Horses live in a stable home", "Horses are the worst nay-sayers", "Horses are like passion: best when unbridled" that sort of thing. Aweful, I know.

My girlfriend is going to trim the fuzzy hair (aka: the beard), which I think makes him look cool, from Harry's chin this afternoon and I've set up a facebook group (as Harry) protesting.

What I thought would be funny is if next time she checks there are lots of people she doesn't know signed up to the group "Save Harry's Beard!".

You won't get spammed or anything and you can leave after a couple of days, I just want to see her face this evening when she clocks the group and it's got 20+ members. I will not be sending out friend requests or anything like that, this is purely to get a giggle and a look of disapproval from my girlfriend. For some reason I like it when she says "Why am I going out with you again?" :)

If this sort of (odd) self-promotion is not allowed then I'm sorry and I won't do it again!

Thanks,

Steve

(EDIT: LINK HERE )

2. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Linky?

3. Ah yes, thanks. I've editted the original post to add the link.

4. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I signed up. There's nothing funny about shaving a mans beard!

5. Moreso, an innocent HORSE'S BEARD! Oh the horse-manity!!!
    Edit: I am member #7, BTW.
    SHAVE *****S, NOT HORSES!!!
    Edit 2: I just decided to start growing my beard out a few days ago- coincidence?
    I think not! :cool:

6. Thanks guys :)

7. in. I'm pretty attached to my beard, so I can understand why that horse wants his too.

8. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Same here.

9. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I joined just for poops and chuckles.

10. I wouldn't expect too many of either...

... although Harry is THE MASTER at creating poop.

11. Fixed.

12. I'm in.

13. DaveLS

DaveLS

Sep 5, 2008
    Massachusetts
    "It's NHL playoff season!! You CAN'T shave the playoff beard!!!"

My friend's sister-in-law setup a facebook page for his dog. The posts are usually pretty funny and the dog is quite fond of using foul language.

14. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Joined. I'm also stealing your horse puns.

15. I'm in!

16. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Komo, I'm inviting all my friends to join this group if that's swell with you.

17. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    I joined, and I also like Harry's profile page. Do you think Harry would befriend me, lol?

18. The_D

The_D Well, thats like your opinion. Man...

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
    Done. You need to post her reaction mate haha!

19. You guys are awesome :)

Thanks so much for getting into the spirit of my stupid request. Zoe saw the page, saw it had 41 members and was totally bemused! She read through all the comments you left and thought they were brilliant. So thanks very much.

Oh, and as for Harry... the clippers broke, so if there's a God up there, he'd definitely be a member of the group!