1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Join CLUB STAMBAUGH Cheap

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dcr, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

DISCLAIMER: Okay, so I think I'll put this up here just for grins. May change my mind and I may not. After re-evaluating my basses over the weekend, I know that 11 is too many. Something's gotta go!

Stambaugh Standard in Chris's original DC design. 34" and 18mm spacing. Lightweight mahogany back, bubinga top. Barto NTMB 9V preamp with push/pull Active-Passive, three band preamp and push/pull Mid-Freq shift. Barto X5 narrow soapbars. Chrome Hipshot Ultralites. High-mass chrome bridge (you guess). TKL hard/soft case.

Bass is in VG condition with a few dents and dings here and there. Only reason I'm considering selling is because I like this combo so much, I want most of these features incorporated into my new Stammie SC that starts this month (July). No need to have two exactly alike!

$1000 SHIPPED. Payment by USPS Money Order or Cashier's Check preferred. E-Mail to discuss other payment options. Will considre trades for similar-valued 5-strings (DJ5, 55-02, hot-rodded JO5, Valenti, Fender Am Dlx, Pedulla, etc). Plus/minus cash or other basses for the right deal. But CASH IS KING!

I'll get more pix up later -- just got back from vacation this a.m. after driving all night and camera is still packed in the van.

Thanks!

dcr

2. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Southern California
    A four-stringer and I'd be trying to resist dropping the dough.

I had an early Benavente once and loved the neck and feel of it. I only sold it after my band at the time broke up.

Good luck on the sale.

3. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    Whooa, nice bass!!!
    What's the nut width and the FB's width at the 21th fret?

4. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Width at Nut: 1-3/4"
    Width at End of FB (22nd): 2-3/4"

Hope this helps!

To all: I'll be glad to take and post more pix for any and all that want them!

And again!

dcr

5. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    so if someone offers your asking price can you sell or are you fishing for a better offer?

6. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

C'mon guys!

A genuine Stammie cheap. Somebody jump on this one.

dcr

7. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Price lowered again and for the last time. This IS my bottom dollar. Any less and I'll just keep it.

dcr

8. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    Guys!!!! WHY is this bass still here???? Must need some additional pics or something. I cant not figure out how a Stammie at this price is still here? :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

9. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Monday Bump!

dcr

10. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Wow!! A Stambaugh 5er for $1000!!

11. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Now with Free Shipping!

dcr

12. 11Bravo

11Bravo In That Pocket

Feb 4, 2005
    Oklahoma
    pm me with the price for the vortex and this.

13. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Closing this thread in order to open another with new pix and text.

dcr

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.