Joined the NV-610 club!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mark Reccord, Mar 30, 2004.

1. :D

Ordered it from Rock City on Friday. Corey (GIBSONGEEK) just emailed me to say that it's been shipped. Probably the first one in Canada... It should be here next week..... Can't wait. It's just like Christmas when I was a kid! Should sound pretty smokin' with the '76 SVT!

2. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Congrats! You're gonna love it, guaranteed.

I've only had mine for about a month now, and it still blows me away everytime I fire it up. What surprised me the most was that even with the backup head I use (700rb) at 380 Watts, this 750 Watt cab still sounded killer & pushed plenty of volume for most venues, but the 1001rb at 540W was mo' betta. I'd LOVE to hear your SVT through mine. :D

This (very) compact 610 cab has officially replaced the two 4x10 cab setup I used previously. (Although I'm still having a tough time convincing myself to sell either/both of them.)
  3. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Ive heard a newer svt through the nv, great sound! The nv610 is a great cab and works well with low power as well as high power. It relly lets you bass and amp shine through. You will be happy.
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

I'm still hoping to score an NV215 by summers end myself!

So much gear.... so little money!
  5. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    If that was in the last few months at guitarx it was my svt that I traded in!! :D Congrats Mark!
  6. :D

Just checked UPS.... It's in Montreal... Getting closer.
    I really can't wait to plug into it!
  7. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Yes sir, That store gives me fits. Too many nice toys. :bassist:
  8. Mark
    Congradulations! Wow, SVT and NV610 will be awesome. My Walter Woods sounds great but looks so small on top.... and my Demeter 201s + Plx2402 really make my NV610 pound the sound :D And I agree this cab is really easy to handle and hardly takes up any stage with it's thinner profile.
  9. Very interested to see what you think of this cab with your SVT. I've got an early 70's SVT that I use with an Ampeg 410 and an SWR 212 chained to make a 4 ohm load. I've been thinking of replacing the cabs with a single SWR 610, how would the NV610 compare, anyone?
    Would you care to let me know what this cost you in CDN$?
  10. Whats an NV -610. I assume its a 6x10 cab, but who makes it?

11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile