Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD Joiner "Fusion" Jazz Bass (#001)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by teej, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Up for sale is my beloved jazz bass -- the Joiner Fusion.

I built it from scratch (I build basses), except for the neck. At the time, I didn't have the resources to craft a neck. It's got a contoured alder body, finished in a custom shade of green lacquer. I got a little overzealous with the rubbing compound at the bottom, and my router kicked a few times when I was rerouting the neck pocket and control cavity. This left some scuffing, but it's covered by the pickguard and control cavity. It's equipped with DiMarzio Ultra Js, wired for EVERY feature possible -- split-coil/humbucking on each pup, and series/parallel. Bone nut, chrome hardware, and CTS pots.

I put heart, soul, nearly 8 months, and $550 into the creation of this instrument, but it's either a car (my car was totalled a few months back) or this bass, and right now, I need a car.

Asking $300 + shipping, but feel free to make offers.

[​IMG]

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That neck resembles an SX, is it?

3. kelbrihan

kelbrihan Banned [Deceiving users with multiple usernames] Banned

Dec 2, 2004
    Yes it is, I saw his auction on Ebay.

4. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    This bass was never on eBay, and yes, it's an SX neck, which was completely stripped and refinished. The original finish felt too sticky, and had some clouding. I should also note that this neck has some subtle quilt and birdseye figure.

5. kelbrihan

kelbrihan Banned [Deceiving users with multiple usernames] Banned

Dec 2, 2004
    My bad, I just remember reading somewhere that it was a SX neck, and it had "collectable potential.

6. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Oh, that was this one. I reposted it this morning to change the title.

7. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.