Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Joinin the FBB club...oh yeah

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by K Dubbs, Aug 6, 2002.

1. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
  2. Welcome to the club!

A 32" 4-banger probably wouldn't be my bag, but if you're into the slap-'n'-tap thing it'd be perfect, especially with those Lane Poors.

3. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Hope you like it. I sure like mine, which is a close relative of yours. I think you'll definitely love the shape, it's a real winner. Totally ergonomic!

He makes some great stuff. I don't see how you could be disappointed. Be ready for a thick neck though!

my FBB

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    What's that you say? GAS? I really shouldn't....Okay, maybe just a little, please....:D

Very nice. I wouldn't mind picking up one of those 32", or 33" scale 4 strings to set up as a piccolo bass. Maybe after I get my fleet of Curbows completed.

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    You WILL NOT be dissappointed! Matt is doing some great work! And that's a FINE looking bass! I love that Kingwood. Did you opt for the Barts or the Lane Poors?
    Peter, isn't your FBB #1046-01?

6. Yessir, mine is #1046-01.

Since it's very heavy and has a thick neck that might be "difficult" by most players' standards (I don't like to play anything thinner than a Warwick, so YMMV), I think of it like a grassfed beef: a bit harder to "chew on," but with a richer flavor and greater nutritional value.

7. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I thought that was yours. The pics on Matt's site look fantastic.
    I went from pretty thin necks (Fender P and J) to my FBB, which I'd say has a pretty substantial "D" shape to the neck, but it being assymetrical really makes it effortless to play. The only thing about the neck on mine is that the edges of the fingerboard are a bit sharp, and being a fretless that kinda sucks sometimes on slides.

8. Yeah, it might be worthwhile to ask Matt to start rolling the edges of his fingerboards.

9. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    K Dubbs, what made you decide to go with Matt? And why that bass in particular?

Adron, do you have yours up and running yet?
    I'm thinking of having a fretless comissioned soon...

10. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I will bring mine by ASAP, Mark, but i'm afraid I'm not going to have it back for at least a week. Eldon, the guy that worked on your F Bass, has it right now. He was stunned by it, and asked if he could use it for a little while. I trust him more than my own dad with my instruments, so I couldn't say no. I'll bring it by when I get a chance, though.