1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Joining the EA club!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BIg O, Mar 23, 2004.

1. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    East Bay, CA
    I've been hearing a lot about the CXL-112L and NL-210, but how do the CXL110L's stack up? I was thinking of maybe getting a pair to run with my Eden WT-400. I play an F-Bass BN-5, upright bass, and Chapman Stick, mostly in Latin, jazz, pop, and free improv groups that play at reasonable volumes (i.e., usually w/o electric guitarists). I'm really interested in getting the best sounding small/light cabinets available.

Also curious if the NL-210--being slightly less efficient than the CXLs--would do OK with 230 watts @8 ohms from the Eden as a standalone. Thanks.

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    about time, dangit!!! :mad:

:p :D

3. I would ask Mike Dimin to comment on this, I think having a little more power really opens up the NL210, although it starts sounding really solid with the master @ 3 - still quite a bit of headroom left in the 800. This might be pushing the Eden, though - just couldn't tell you.

4. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    I have a pair of the CXL110's along with a pair of the CXL112's and CXL210's and I use the CXL110 more than any other cab. Although the CXL112 will outperform even 2 CXL110's in filling a room, I prefer the tone of the CXL110's and 2 of them is still a VERY respectable and impressive sounding rig. I highly recommend them.

5. Here's the actual rig with my newest F Bass. I pick up the companion CXL-112 on Monday!

:hyper:

6. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    The top on that F-bass is killer! I can't imagine how it sounds through your new rig.

Travis

7. So I picked up the CXL112 today and added it to the NL210 for a rehearsal with my R&B / blues cover band.

It added a surprising amount of depth to the sound, plus the expected amount of output! I couldn't dial the master higher than 0.9 without feeling I was too loud for the space!

I'm sure now that I could do 90% of my gigs with either the 12 or the 210, and still have loads of clean headroom to spare! But I love the combined punch of the 210 and the wide bottom and depth of the 12 together - OK maybe I'm just hyped over the new rig!

Now I need to spend some time fiddling with the tone-shaping properly. To date I've used the "Mike Dimin signature" setup (all flat) occasionally punching deep and/or contour 2. I can't get a bad sound out of this setup... :hyper: :D

And I got the new manual on Sunday - really well written, Mike - nice job. :cool:

I'll take a pic of the rig with my two main basses tonight.

8. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin Banned

Dec 11, 1999

It is an amazing rig - I own the same combination. The only difficulty is finding a gig that truly justifies both cabs - turning it up and letting it rip

Mike