Joining The Trace Elliot Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Apr 12, 2005.

1. :hyper: YAY....impulse purchase/lay by...

im getting a Series 6 AH100 for $550aus

anyone got any info on these, ive just had a look around and cant find nuffin
  2. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    They are green and grey.
  3. green and black :D :p
  4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Welcome to the family! :D

The Series 6 heads are what made Trace known IMO. Awesome tone and rock soild reliability.

The AH100 is one of the lowest wattage standalone bass heads they ever put out. Your getting 100 watts rms into 4 ohms. In "Trace Watts" ;) that probably means it will perform like a 150 or 200 watt'r from anyone else! It will work really well for small gigs, recording, and practice.

Here is a link to the PDF manual covering your head:Series 6
  5. woo..i thought it was 100w, but my mate who works at that store said it sounded more like tested it with the same cabinet i use for my jazz gigs and it was alot louder and cleaner than my 150w peavey mark 3....although i plan to get a poweramp and use this trace as a preamp eventually :smug:

i only had to plug my ksd into it and play chameleon once to know i wanted it bad...YAY :hyper:

also....would it be pre gibson or gibson era?
  6. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Your head is most definately Pre-Gibson! :D

There is no doubt in my mind it would be as loud as your Peavey if not louder. Trace rated their amps conservatively.
  7. sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttt..does it seem like a fair price....they first said $700aus but because im special, i getting it for $550aus on layby :smug:

but yay :hyper: ...the only other trace ive played through was a 15" combo, cant remember the model name to save my life
  8. I like Trace too. What cab is this gonna run into heath?
  9. well for alittle while into an ashton 15" and/or a classicbass 410.....and eventually either a 2x15 of some sorts or an acme setup...holla dave :smug:
  10. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I can't comment on those AUS prices. I know you guys pay alot for your gear down there. In the US I would expect it to go anywhere from $200 to $350.

That combo was probably the 7215. Its sweeeeeeeeet!
  11. mmmmm...the trace elliot used a a preamp into a power amp of some description into a 2x15....pure funk...... first rack mountable gear too :hyper: and decent amp....peaveys good, but has nothing on trace....i wont even bother you americans with ashton amps..cabs are good though :D
  12. 100watts into Acme?

I thought you needed a good 500watts minimum to even get those things going?
  13. learn to read gaz :smug:

nah, im gonna get a poweramp after a little while, before getting new i can use this trace as a preamp....but its damn sexy with the ashton cab ive got now
  14. I like the look of Ashton cabs, but i feel the same way about 'em the same way people feel about Behringer.

hey, 1 minute to read about the poweramp post.. common man im not that fast!
  15. why do you feel the same way about ashton that you do about behringer...i can understand behringer...but why ashton? aussie designed and korean made...they're not stealing designs...pretty damn good celestions in the cabs, only thing is that they're gonna put some wheels on my 15 tomoz
  16. Their products are decent. I just don't like them, its personal i guess.

Alot of companies are doing that these days, using 'brand name' speakers and throwing them in a box and everyone swarms in on it, worst still dealers are trying to ram them down your throat.

Eh, my rant, but not my thread. My apologies heath, Give us the full review on the head/KSD in your jazz trio when you can.

17. ive given a mini review on the ksd so far

but as far as the ashton cab goes..its a well built box...i may have to get it recovered or paint it in a 3-4 years time thogh...but i cant see it collapsing or anything
  18. simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    I just bought a Tace AH350 SMX and paid $700 NZ dollars for it. Which is boud $490 US (I think about $600 AUD).

Maybe that's not cheap in the USA, but here it really is. Considering a decent head here would be well over NZ$2000 new, I reckon it was a bargain.
  19. rockambo

Apr 12, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Does anyone know where to find rack mounts for the TE Series 6 AH100? I have never racked anything before, but since I am gigging more with this amp, I am hoping to put it a 2U rack bag so that the knobs do not get dinged and I do not scrape myself on that nasty grill in the back. -- Tom