1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Joint and bone pain

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Krowser, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Krowser

Krowser

Feb 10, 2009
    I started getting this a little while ago, the joints of my fingers hurt when I play, kinda like arthritis.

I started taking glucosamine, in hopes that it actually does something but now my middle finger on my plucking hand hurts when I rake (sweep from high to low).

Did this happen to anyone else?? I'm getting worried because I did slow down on practicing when I first noticed this and it doesnt seem to be improving much.

:confused:

2. from my experience- glucosamine is not particularly effective- (i cant imagine glucosamine is going to make things worse- just saying save your money). the only joint pain ive dealt with was in the knees- so- not apples to apples- but i can tell you that when dealing with joints that you cannot help but use- it may take a while to heal (most recent bout of it was roughly three weeks). anyway- just be patient- but play it safe. see a doctor if its something that doesnt improve in a couple of weeks- and do the same if it gets worse.

in my nerdier computer days- i would occasionally get minor carpal tunnel type pain in my fingers- but i found that to go away much more quickly- like less than a week. it was more of a shooting pain than really bad soreness- so- thats my only tip for differentiating the two. be careful and good luck.