1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Joke for GB musicians

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by 88persuader, Aug 27, 2007.

1. 88persuader

88persuader

Aug 5, 2007
    3 musicians died and were at the pearly gates. Saint Peter was there to ask them about their lives before letting them enter heaven.

St. Peter asked the 1st person "What did you do during your life?" The person said "I was a concert violinist. It was wonderful. I got to play beautiful music written by the masters in several wonderful ochestras. I played for royalty and presidents, saw a lot of the world and made some wonderful friends." ...... Peter said "That's wonderful, we love music in heaven. Please step through the pearly gates ... come on in."

St. Peter asked the 2nd person what he did during his life. The person said "I played Sax in big bands of the 40's. It was wonderful ... I got to play side by side with some of the biggest band leaders and best players in the world of big band jazz. I also got to be on some early jazz recordings, music that today has an important place in jazz history ... I was very lucky!" Peter smiled and said ... "That's wonderful ... we love music in heaven ... please step right though the pearly gates and come in.

The 3rd person came to St. Peter. St. Peter said "Please tell me about your life." The man said "I was a bass player in a GB band." Peter asked "What's a GB band?" The man said "Well it's a band that plays cover music at weddings and company functions. I must have been part of the entertainment at hundreds of weddings in my life time." Peter said ... that sounds great ... we love music in heaven. Please come on in ... but could you come in through the kitchen?" ...........................

Rockers won't understand this joke but GB musicians will be pissing themselves laughing! :bassist:

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I actually played a party on Saturday where we were asked to just use the bushes rather than any of the bathrooms in the house!!!!

3. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    ...Hehehe...

That brings back memories...

4. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    What's GB? 'generic background?'

I've played a few(dozen) weddings. and it didn't always suck.

5. Lost Drummer

Lost Drummer

Aug 27, 2007
    Nashville TN
    gig band?

6. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    General Business. It's a union thing.

It's also a thing for the humor forum...

7. 88persuader

88persuader

Aug 5, 2007
    My bad ... I'll make sure to check the headers before posting next time.

8. Fretless1!

Fretless1!

Feb 19, 2007

Psshh. I would have done that anyway. :D

9. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    They ask me to do that...... I use the side of the house instead! More points if I can find the AC unit!

Dan K.

10. Liko

Liko

Mar 30, 2007
    Ain't nothing like a piss in the wind, huh? :bag:

11. That joke is soooo true. I played weddings for 3 years every fri, sat & sun nights. Had to enter through the kitchen..

LOL

Rusty

12. bopeuph

bopeuph

Jul 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    I'd do it in plain view of the guests.

"The host told me to do it!"

Nick

13. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    The joke I heard went like this:

1st person was a doctor, healed many sick people and made sure people were happy and comfortable before they died

2nd person was a teacher, taught many children to love learning

3rd person was a musician, and St Peter stops him and said, "You're late. You can load in through the kitchen."

- Dave