joke's on me......

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by tommytoughnuts, Feb 11, 2005.

1. tommytoughnuts

Jan 26, 2005
    i recently posted a joke in a forum making fun of guitar players...

"the only reason whe guitar cabinets have open backs is so the guitarist can sleep in it"

well, looks like the jokes on me. I was at a gig and couldn't get a ride home. So that night the owner just told me to sleep on the stage. I took my 2 8x10's, put them parallel to eachother on the ground and bridged the gap inbetween the 2 cabs with 3 or 4 PA cabinets; literaly making myself a hut of cabs-wow
  2. Viviuos

Jul 15, 2004
    Nehawka, Nebraska
    HaHaHa i remember reading that and thinking "like that will ever happen"
    I bet that was not a very nice night of sleep.
  3. Was that at a nightclub or bar ? If so do I need to say more :D
  4. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    That's pretty funny! :D

I had to do something similar once, our band got stranded in the middle of Ohio somewhere, the truck with the gear broke down, and they had to unload everything to tow it out and get it fixed. Well, suddenly there was a massive thunderstorm, and the only protection we had were the tarps. So we just draped them over everything, and put ourselves inside. The truck didn't get fixed till the next afternoon, and we (individually and collectively) spent the night sleeping under the tarp, with a bunch of old birch Bag End cabs for company!

That was quite the experience. For a while we were going nuts, trying to figure out how to plug up all the holes in everything, and keep the humidity out. We finally gave up, there was no other solution but to ride out the storm. Fortunately nothing got damaged (only our sensibilities). :D

It was quite the adventure though. That's the kind of stuff grandparents like to tell their grandkids about. :):):)
  5. sven.leeuwen

Jun 22, 2004
    That's the reason I started to take a hammock to a far away gig. Fits perfectly in the van and it's much comfortabler than a cold floor.