1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Jon Favreau may re-make the most recent Star Wars trilogy... WHY?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Low8, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Low8

Low8 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I don't understand this move at all. Coming off The Mandalorian receiving rave reviews from Star Wars fanboys and fangirls everywhere (that show is sooooooooo completely overrated, if you ask me), why on Earth would Jon Favreau want to get wrapped up in re-making the last Star Wars trilogy?

Just move on, Disney brass... this is a terrible idea. If you folks think Mr. Favreau can do the job J.J. Abrams clearly could not, turn the man loose on something totally new.

You can't polish your own turds, Disney. Those movies were almost as bad as Episodes I, II and III. Nothing is gonna fix them.

Just..... no..... stop it.

The Mandalorian's Jon Favreau Clarifies Rumors About Disney's Sequel Trilogy Reboot

2. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Will he put Vince Vaughn in them?

3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Why not? Beat the dead horse till it’s pulp. No one cares about new or original ideas. Just keep milking the dried up teat of the creatively bankrupt cow that is Star Wars.

Qlanq, S-Bigbottom, DirtDog and 5 others like this.
  4. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    Maybe the studio realized they messed up by making the sequels for younger audiences. Maybe the Mandalorian showed them that their real core audience is actually all of us older fans.

Surveyor 777 and J_Bass like this.
  5. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    SW VT
    I vote for the industry's standard trope of avoiding making actual new movies; they prefer to regurgitate old ones and/or make prequels and sequels and sideways-quels until the pigs fly home to roost, and then do it again with fresh pig manure from under the roost.

J_Bass and dwm74 like this.
  6. bass12

bass12 Why are you shouting? Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Episode X: No Hope Left

Qlanq, bholder, TinIndian and 6 others like this.
  7. WillyWonka

WillyWonka I "heart" pointy headstocks Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Which ones is he gonna remake? Couldn’t he just cgi jar jar binks and both of the anakin actors out of I-III?

J_Bass and Jim Nazium like this.
  8. Balog

Balog

Mar 19, 2009
    Everett, WA
    Ep 1-3 and 7-9 all sucked to some degree, so I'm overjoyed at the thought of them being remade by someone competent.

Jefenator likes this.
  9. JKos

JKos Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    Uh, no, it's probably the best Star Wars product since the original three movies.

10. Low8

Low8 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    It might be the best since the original trilogy... but that's not saying much at all since there's a COLOSSAL drop-off after Jedi... just massive. The franchise went off the rails with Episode 1 and has been in the ditch on its roof ever since.

These days, be it films or episodic shows, it doesn't take much excite the blindly allegiant Star Wars crowd, especially the ones born after 1980. Just make sure there's some cute, little robot rolling around or some adorable creature for 'em to fawn over, then just re-hash the story a bit, smother it in CGI, throw in some stuff from the original trilogy and PRESTO -- Star Wars fans under 40 will fork over their money and claim that it's "amaaaaaaaazzziiiiiiinnng!!!"

Such a joke.

11. Low8

Low8 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Ain't that the truth.

or

Episode X: Hope Disney Makes More Money.

bass12 and Winslow like this.
  12. JKos

JKos Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    It's called business. That's exactly what they want to happen.

13. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    Sounds like madness to me.
    It would be funny if they did an instant replay remake of 7-9 and it came out worse than the first attempt.
    Not that I don’t trust Jon - he’s been doing some great things. (But then, so had J J.)

Low8 likes this.
  14. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  15. kohanmike

kohanmike Gold Supporting Member

I watched one later episode of The Mandalorian and my immediate reaction was why is so much time wasted watching him walk from one place to another, just to showoff the set, costume and creature designs? They take a very short story and stretch it to fill the time. It's the same reason I don't watch M. Night Shyamalan movies, he writes a 20 minute story, then stretches it with long plodding shots into a 2 hour movie.

16. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive Suspended Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Why not? Everything is not for everybody. The people who might like it are the target, not you. Feels like a lot of opinion stated as fact in here.

:D

17. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive Suspended Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Some people have no patience. "Hurry up and get to the good part!".
    :D

I like what Favreau's done so I look forward to anything from him.

18. Flying B

Flying B

Apr 29, 2018
    If you actually read the article it says he will not be doing that. Clickbait.

Jefenator, J_Bass, GregC and 2 others like this.
  19. That's what I gathered as well.

GregC and viper4000 like this.
  20. The old quarterback for the Packers? He makes movies now?

pjbassist, rendevouz and pie_man_25 like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021