1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jon Hill Custom HB-5 PJ Ash Body Wenge FB

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kesagape, Apr 19, 2010.

1. kesagape

kesagape Supporting Member

I READ SOMEWHERE THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE REASON AND ONE REASON ONLY WHY SOMETHING DOES NOT SELL - PRICE. So I am lowering the price of this Jon Hill HB-5 Custom PJ to $750.00 Shipped to the lower 48 States.

I have a Jon Hill Custom HB-5 5-String Bass with Bartolini PJ Pickups and Bartolini 2-Band EQ Volume-Blend-Treble-Bass with Push/Pull on volume knob for active/passive. Jon Hill is a master luthier, check out his myspace for background information: http://www.myspace.com/hillcustomguitarsThe bass is an excellent condition. The only less than perfect condition is barely noticeable belt buckle rash on back requires very close examination, but it is there. This bass listed over $2,000 with a street price of $1,700-$1,800. Raising money for a new acquisition. Will ship in a Gator Gigbag. Priced to sell real fast at $800 shipped to lower 48 States. This is a super deal and you will not be disappointed.

Ash Body
    Wenge Fretboard
    Laminate Maple Neck
    Neck Width: 2"
    Brass Nut
    Fretboard Radius 12"
    35" Scale
    24 Frets
    Bartolini PJ Pickups
    Bartolini 2 Band EQ
    Schaller Tuners
    Bridge (Looks like ABM?)
    Dunlop Staplocks
    Weight: My guess is less than 8 lbs (I have a bass that is just a tad over 8 lbs and this bass is noticeably lighter in weight)

Bass_005.

Bass_004.

Bass_002.

Bass_007.

Bass_008.

Bass_009.

Bass_010.

2. jphilauren

jphilauren

Nov 8, 2007
    PM'd

3. RedsFan75

RedsFan75

Apr 26, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Nice, very nice... How's it balance?

Got any sound clips?

4. kesagape

The bass is light weight...absolutely no neck dive...balances quite nicely...very comfortable to wear.

Sorry no sound clips...with Barts pups and electronics sounds huge.

5. kesagape

Bump for the early morning crowd...it sure does not take long for a listing to get loss in obscurity in the classified.

6. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    Interesting - I recently bought an old (2003) unfinished "Hill" body identical to this on Ebay, and wasn't sure of it's heritage. The body is light as a feather, and I'm currently working on making a bass from it.

7. mophead

mophead Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    String spacing?

8. NYCBass

NYCBass Gold Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2006
    Queens NY
    I have played a lot of Jon Hill's Basses and I have to tell you they were all Great. He really makes a killer instrument ! ! ! And that is an unbelievably great price for hand made custom Bass of this quality.

9. kesagape

String Spacing:

ABM Bridge with 19mm spacing and locking saddles

Karl

10. 3rdBass

3rdBass Funk in A Supporting Member

$800 shipped is a STEAL for this instrument :eek:

I purchased one of Jon Hill's customs here a few months ago and was NOT disappointed.
    The parts, craftsmanship, fit & finish are top notch.
    At this price it's a bass you can play out with no fear and be proud to show off.

Don't mean to highjack your FS thread...just a free bump. :smug:

Attached Files:

11. kesagape

I READ SOMEWHERE THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE REASON AND ONE REASON ONLY WHY SOMETHING DOES NOT SELL - PRICE.

So, I am lowering the price of this Jon Hill HB-5 Custom PJ to $750.00 shipped to the lower 48 States for an even greater bargain and faster sell.

There is a bass out there that I want real bad and my window of opportunity is closing fast.

12. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

Mar 3, 2010
    TX
    Bump...

Bro, if I had the money, this would be mine.

13. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    I'd call this a bargain!

14. jphilauren

jphilauren

Nov 8, 2007
    PM'd

15. mophead

mophead Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    PM'd

16. kesagape

Thank you for all the interest and community support.

SOLD

17. Behr Demay

Behr Demay

Jul 22, 2008
    Akron, Ohio
    I love the Jon Hill bass and I am currently looking for one if anyones knows of any???