Jon Ossman

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by lemac, Feb 4, 2005.

1. lemac

Jan 24, 2005
    Can anyone out there shed some light on bass player Jon Ossman? I saw this guy perform with Chris Botti and he was great! I would love to know more about him.
  2. There's a lot of information about him on Chris Botti's website. I saw him on a live concert DVD, and was impressed as well. What I want to know more about is the bass he was playing. It was a Stingray body, but a non-MM lined five string fretless neck. The pickups were not stock MM either. The pup and electronics configuration appeared as if it was copied from Lakland. Black pups, like Bartolini's, and the knobs looked like those on Laklands as well. Interestingly, the photos I've seen of Jon shows him playing a red lined five string fretless Lakland. But the bass on the DVD was definitely a Stingray body. He played it through an Eden head and Eden 4x10 and sounded fat, round and warm.
  3. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass What the .............. Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    I came here to TB just now to see if there was something on this guy. I have learned to do a search before I post with thimgs like this.. ;)
    I just discovered him on YT a few days ago.. We are doing Chris Botti's Lisa in two weeks and there is a clip of Lisa and another clip with that entire concert... Great player!! He's got a new fan here for sure ... :thumbsup: His tone is solid.. the playing is tight with just enough flash and all substance.. I was interested in that bass as well.. That drummer was kicking it too.. Karen Taperberg.. She looked like she was having fun.. I love to see musicians looking like they are having fun.

Sting was there too!
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015