Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jon Stewart Re-Ups!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Roark Haver, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Well thank goodness, Jon Stewart has signed on with the Daily Show through the next Presidential appointment. CNN and FOX can try all they want, but the Daily Shows gets better news ratings than either one. The best news on TV.

2. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

I love that show. It keeps me sane with all the craziness in the world.

3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I love that show as well. The best part is, the shpow is actually informative even with all the comedy and parody involved!!! Then Tough Crowd right after is great too, talking about real issues in todays society.

4. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

definitly is nice to have a show that makes you think and be entertained. They do a good job at showing serious issues with no hold barred.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Steve Carrell (or however you spell it) rocks!! I love that guy...especially when he does real world news stories interviewing people and whatnot. He's hilarious. Mo Rocca is good too. That original blonde chick they had on there that left was hilarious too. Wasn't her name Beth Littleford?

brad cook

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Amen!

7. Yesssss!

"Tough Crowd" doesn't deserve to be on right after "The Daily Show," though. It just plain sucks.

8. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Tough Crowd deserves to be after The Daily Show. I sit through the Daily Show to get to Tough Crowd.

Both are awesome.

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    He is a pretty smart guy. I couldn't believe it once when he was doing an interview and he just randomly busted out speaking proper mandarin chinese.

brad cook

10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I love the Daily Show. Stewart and his crew are comedy perfection.

OTOH Colin Quinn lays more eggs than Frank Perdue could even dream of. I find myself watching that show because it's hard to believe a comedian could suck that hard unintentionally. I love the part towards the end of the show when the jokes are bombimg so hard he doesn't even finish them. Throw in a collection of one joke comics and the fun is on!!

11. babecker

babecker

Mar 7, 2002
    Sykesville, MD
    I'll second that -- Colin Quinn sucks big time.

The Daily show is consistently funny, though.

12. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

"Back in Black", baybee!

13. The Daily Show=Best Show in this Universe.

Tough Crowd would = interesting, if instead of making the guests comedians and the host unfunny they made the guests intelligent the host funny.

I've sat through a couple and there have been a few interesting points made. But whenever this one guy is on(Andrew Dice Clay wannabe-bigot) it degenerates into stereotypes and loud-mouth whining.

Insomniac is a great show too. I don't know why...but it is.

14. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings