Jonas Hellborg

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by lordigg33, Apr 21, 2001.

1. lordigg33

Sep 19, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    doesn anyone have or know someone who has his first solo bass album? i really wanna get it but i cant find it ANYWHERE. i pretty much found all his other out of print ones but this one still eludes me. so if anyone out there has it of knwos wher ei can get it let me knwo. thanks! :p

2. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Is it elegent punk? Silent Life? Which is the first. I have a all the newer ones but have not gotten a copy of elegent punk yet. Guy is cool, when I first heard silent life I was blown away.
  4. lordigg33

Sep 19, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    i have a copy of elegant punk and it jsut blows me away. i luv it. "In 1982 Hellborg created his own record label, Day Eight, in order to allow himself and others to record with full artistic freedom. The first record was Hellborg's first solo bass release, THE BASSIC THING" that is from his own site, except that cd isnt even in his discography. its his first solo bass album, elegent punk is his second. and i really want to get tha first one and i cant find it even mentioned anywhere except taht site and its only mentioned with a littel part.

5. The Johansson brothers with whom Hellborg plays with on "e" are the sons of a famous (in Sweden at least:)) jazz pianist Jan Johansson who died in car accident. He and a double bass player called Georg Ridel have written a lot of music for Swedish childrens programs (the only ones i've seen with jazz in the background).

Just thougt you should know...
  6. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

RE: The Bassic Thing...
    Yep, that was his first solo album. He has deleted it, as Jonas was not pleased with the end result. He wishes for it to never again see the light of day, hence it is not available anywhere..not even his own label/website.
    Check his website for a complete is quite deep. If you liked "Silent Life", then check out "Ars Moriende" or the more recent "Aram Of The Two Rivers", "Zen House" and the amazing "Good People In Times Of Evil".
  7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Good People in Times of Evil is a great disc. One of my favorite Hellborg albums. Although, the one with Tony Williams and the string Quartet is still my personal favorite.

I've been lucky enough to see Jonas Hellborg/Shawn Lane/Jeff Sipe live a couple of times. Great shows. It was fun watching them play "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath."
  8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I think temporal analouges of paradise i my favorite, out of the ones I've heard anyway. Aram of Two Rivers is up there too. I got Axis, not my favorite.