Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jonas Hellborg

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by lordigg33, Oct 16, 2000.

1. lordigg33

lordigg33

Sep 19, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Anyone hear of him? hes an awesome bassist. does some solo stuff and colaborations. he did some stuff with buckethead too. tell me what ya think!

iggy

2. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I have "e" with the JOhansson Brothers backing him up. He is a great bassist.

3. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...he's waaaaayyy out there!
    I think I have ABSRACT LOGIC w/ Shawn Lane(this guy IS ridiculous)& Kofi Baker(Ginger's son). Basically, the entire disc is one long improvisation...like a lot of Hellborg's stuff(he also has some discs w/ Jeff Sipe of The Aquarium Recsue Unit on cans).
    Anyway, from what I've heard, a new Hellborg band/disc is due out soon(rumor has it that the material is actually "composed" this time).

4. lordigg33

lordigg33

Sep 19, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    yeah i have elegant punk for guitars, his second solo bass album. hes not very widely known, but is an exceptional bassist whos been around since the early eighties. a new one? thats awesome. i cant wait. would anyone know where i might find the music or tabs to his stuff or even better yet is there anyone out there who has figured his stuff out. i would greatly appreciate it. thankx alot.

iggy

5. hogani

hogani

Jul 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Elegant punk is a good solo album. Nice version of Little Wing.

Time is the enemy is a great live album.

Aram of the 3 rivers is a bit of a strech. If you like the whole tone scales the short dude sings on the new Sting album, you will like Aram.... Recorded live in Syria.