Joni Mitchell="Shadows and Light" Live Double CD!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Scott Cutrer, Jun 19, 2001.

1. Scott Cutrer

Scott Cutrer Guest

Aug 21, 2000
    Richmond, VA
    I had the LP and the First release CD with a few tracks missing and just got the new double CD with all of the original LP cuts. Boys and Girls, if you are looking for a great recording of Jaco live, this is the one. I mean he is really hitting it. He is in complete control and his sound is awsome. I have this young bass player at work who tells me that he doesnt like fender jazz basses and cant hear what the fuss is about. I plan on turning him on to this disc tomorrow, and if he still doesnt get it, well there is little hope left. Now I am gonna go get the rest of the Joni/Jaco recordings. If you have never heard Jaco with Joni Mitchell, you should.
  2. New double CD? :eek: Is this something just released or are you talking about the import?
  3. templelife

Apr 24, 2001
    Miami, FL
    Does it have a title?
  4. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    The 2-cd version of Shadows & Light was issued about 3-4 years ago(?); the 'original' cd issue, ONE disc, had 2-3 tunes omitted(one of the deleted tunes was "Free Man In Paris"...a smoker).

If ya wanna SEE the concert, the Hong Kong Region DVD recently became available(about 4 months ago?). has the DVD for about $60, the VHS video can be had for even less.
  5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I got the double CD a few years ago and it does have all the tracks - still haven't been able to get the video in the UK! :(

It's definitely an "essential purchase" for any Jaco fans and some of his best playing in a pop/rock format. I have all the Joni Mitchell albums on which he plays and love them - my favourite is "Don Juan's Reckless Daughter" - although I always programme out "Paprika Plains" - Jaco play a mean Surdo on one track as well! But Hejira and Mingus are also albums I listen to quite frequently.