1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Joni Mitchell="Shadows and Light" Live Double CD!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Scott Cutrer, Jun 19, 2001.

1. Scott Cutrer

Scott Cutrer Guest

Aug 21, 2000
    Richmond, VA
    I had the LP and the First release CD with a few tracks missing and just got the new double CD with all of the original LP cuts. Boys and Girls, if you are looking for a great recording of Jaco live, this is the one. I mean he is really hitting it. He is in complete control and his sound is awsome. I have this young bass player at work who tells me that he doesnt like fender jazz basses and cant hear what the fuss is about. I plan on turning him on to this disc tomorrow, and if he still doesnt get it, well there is little hope left. Now I am gonna go get the rest of the Joni/Jaco recordings. If you have never heard Jaco with Joni Mitchell, you should.

2. New double CD? :eek: Is this something just released or are you talking about the import?

3. templelife

templelife

Apr 24, 2001
    Miami, FL
    Does it have a title?

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    The 2-cd version of Shadows & Light was issued about 3-4 years ago(?); the 'original' cd issue, ONE disc, had 2-3 tunes omitted(one of the deleted tunes was "Free Man In Paris"...a smoker).

If ya wanna SEE the concert, the Hong Kong Region DVD recently became available(about 4 months ago?).
    www.audiophileimports.com has the DVD for about $60, the VHS video can be had for even less.

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I got the double CD a few years ago and it does have all the tracks - still haven't been able to get the video in the UK! :(

It's definitely an "essential purchase" for any Jaco fans and some of his best playing in a pop/rock format. I have all the Joni Mitchell albums on which he plays and love them - my favourite is "Don Juan's Reckless Daughter" - although I always programme out "Paprika Plains" - Jaco play a mean Surdo on one track as well! But Hejira and Mingus are also albums I listen to quite frequently.