1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Josh Newton from ETID

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Kevindp, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Kevindp

Kevindp

Mar 23, 2009
    Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone knew what Josh Newton from Every Time I die uses for stomp boxes? I saw them live on their last tour and saw he had one or two but couldnt for the life of me figure it out. Any clues?

2. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    If you go to the effects forum and use the search for "Josh Newton", he himself covered it: pics, signal chain, the whole nine.

Just an FYI.

3. arjune

arjune

Oct 8, 2006
    SF, CA
    DRAG THE LAKE

4. hes in a pedalboards of the stars thread. and he posts on here every now and then. ive PM'ed him before. absolutely swell guy.

5. jpTron

jpTron

Apr 19, 2010
    NJ
    Yes!

6. jnewton

jnewton

Jun 9, 2008
    Tour
    Endorsing Artist: Dimarzio, D'Addario, Fuzzrocious
    woah, weird. hi!

on the last us tour we did, i used either a fulltone ocd, older rat, or goosoniqueworx seventh heaven with an aguilar tone hammer.

7. josh, cant wait to see you guys on warped in cincinnati. i missed you last year, but you're 90% of why im going in the first place.

8. jnewton

jnewton

Jun 9, 2008
    Tour
    awesome, thanks! don't forget dillinger escape plan is playing too, liam is a monster bass player.

9. i dont mind DEP, but i could never really get into them. i respect the crap out of what they do. both compositionally and the physical show they put on.. but its hard to get into. same with me and BTBAM. awesome musicians.. kinda hard to listen to.

but my taste has been considered random by many.

10. jpTron

jpTron

Apr 19, 2010
    NJ
    I promised myself I wouldn't do this but I can't help it... You remember the show you played at Montana West in PA last June with a bunch of local bands? Did you guys get in trouble from the place considering by the last few songs the owner was out on stage with his gun and mace? Haha

FYI Most fun I've ever had at a show! See you guys at Oceanport Warped Tour date

11. jnewton

jnewton

Jun 9, 2008
    Tour
    ha! no, none of that amounted to anything. it was a fun show.

i could tell security was going to be interesting when they were telling us about "baby birding", the act of getting a shot at the bar and then spitting it into an underage person's mouth outside of the 21 area.

weird, weird place.

12. CLASSY