1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Joss Stone's Bassist - what kind of bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bpwb, Jun 12, 2007.

1. bpwb

bpwb Supporting Member

I was watching soundstage the other night and there was a 2005 performance of Joss Stone. Her bass player was playing a bass I have never seen before. It looked sort of like a Gibson Les Paul bass in shape but it had a different headstock. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about who the bassist is or what kind of bass it was. Thanks for any light anyone can shed on the subject.

Jeff
    bpwb

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia In Memoriam

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    He now goes by a different name, but I kow him as Pete Sebastian. We shared a gig in South Florida many years ago. I have seen him on tv lately but he was playing some sort of J style bass. He used to be quite the Mark King aficionado, so when I knew him he played a JayDee with a coin taped around his thumb -
    Pete is a wonderful player. Funky as all. We used to work for a then agent named Bob Bobbins who later wrote the big book on Jaco Pastorius. Oh the stories I could tell... better not.

Sorry I wasn't much help with the bass question.

3. PBFACTOR

PBFACTOR

Dec 21, 2001
    Boise, ID
  4. EddieG

EddieG

Jan 19, 2005
    Scotland
    I thought it was Bill Milkowski who wrote the Jaco book?

5. Attached Files:

6. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    At her show last month at the HOB, the bass player had a gold Lakland 4 string and that LP lookin' ESP.

GM

7. adrian garcia

adrian garcia In Memoriam

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Portrait of Jaco , the Early Years - I believe that is what the book is called. Bobbins had hours of Jaco playing into a cassette machine while he was forming into the Jaco we all knew later. The book came after Milkowski's .

8. bpwb

bpwb Supporting Member

The Black ESP LTD is the one I saw. That was the information I was looking for. Thanks folks!

What a great forum this is. You can ask anything and some one out there knows the answer. Is that cool or what?

JB

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021