1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Journey - Don't Stop Believin'

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by FriscoBassAce, Sep 9, 2008.

1. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    Does anyone have (or know where I can find) the Power Tab for this song? I need to learn it quickly and I don't have time to sit and pick out every run and fill.

Since the MPA has shut down all the Power Tabs sites, I can't find anything online. If anyone has the Power Tab to this song, please PM me.

Thanks!

WT

2. Mad Russian

Mad Russian

Aug 25, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    I will send it too you this evening!

3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I always thought that track must have been mixed by the bassist. :D

4. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    Randy Jackson for the win!:cool:

slagheap likes this.
  5. Mad Russian

Mad Russian

Aug 25, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Ross Valory for the win!!!! BTW- I saw them about a month ago - It was a fantastic show!!!

BTW- I only have a .txt document of the tab. Just use wordpad to open it.

6. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    I saw Journey on the Frontiers tour. He was playing his Steinberger's in those days live. I wonder what he used to record that track? It sure did cut through in the mix, whatever it was.

I'm playing a wedding and have a bunch of new songs to learn, Don't Stop being one of them. I've got the song mostly figured out now, but I need to finesse it now (gotta dial in that tone on my Line 6 too). Mad Russian is going to send me the tab, so everything should be good.

Does anyone know where you can still find Power Tabs to dl? I really miss them because they had a lot of very accurate tabs available. I probably have over 200 now...wish I would have gotten more!

7. Dangle

Dangle

May 28, 2008
    plenty of power tabs and guitar pro here

http://ultimate-guitar.com/

8. Mad Russian

Mad Russian

Aug 25, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Have you heard the classics since they have been re-recorded? Sounds great with Arniel singing. Ross now uses a Musicman bass (i think).

9. fenderphil

fenderphil

Sep 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    theres a video from here in houston in the 80's. he was playing an ovation weird solid body. with the graphic eq and huge humbucker by the neck...

10. BassJuju

BassJuju Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Kentucky
    OK... I know I am resurrecting a very old thread, but searching led to very little else. I have a reasonable tab for the song, but wouldn't mind additional information should someone be willing to share. The main reason for the resurrection, is that the bass, guitar not the piano, sounds as if there is an effect applied. I am wondering if anyone knows what the pedal/s might be? Envelope or phaser? I don't have a lot of effects and haven't needed them in the past. Bass pedals are a special order around here and I am trying to avoid any order return order return loops. Any assistance would be appreciated.

11. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Sounds like a subtle chorus effect to me.

Saw Journey last night with my wife, and they were great. Ross is playing a Jackson Concert bass (I think) with a soapbar pickup in the bridge position.

12. BassJuju

BassJuju Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Kentucky
    Chorus makes sense... Could you tell how close to the bridge he was picking? Sounds like he's almost on top of it in my recording.

13. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    I didn't watch him the whole time, but when I did, he was playing (fingerstyle) closer to the bridge pickup but not right on top of it.

BassJuju likes this.
  14. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    I heard "Stone in Love" was done with a Peavey T-40, and that bass track cut like crazy, too.

15. slagheap

slagheap

Dec 23, 2011
    yeah, whenever that tune's on somebody's radio, i can't help listening to the rather thin, sort of nasaly, tone and thinking, " how'd he get away with that? " it does cut though, no doubt about it.