JOYO effects??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Lark, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    Isn't that a clone of the Foxx tone machine with a few transposed capacitor values?

2. ChopperDave

ChopperDave Hai-ohhhhhhh!

Nov 14, 2012
    Boston, MA
    Does anyone know if this is capable of getting a clean octave-up sound? Or is it fuzz-only?

3. It's fuzz only.

4. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Mike Lull Artist
    the Ultimate Drive is great. Superb dirt pedal IMO.

5. makanudo

makanudo

Dec 26, 2008
    Both guitarists in my band use Joyo pedals in their boards because they somehow pulled off and endorsement from Joyo before I joined. The vintage overdrive is the gem of them all. They invited me over to try them with bass when they first got them and the Vintage OD at light settings sounded decent to me when I recorded some bass tracks for them. I later borrowed one for a Pantera tribute and it sounded pretty good actually.

I think its a Tubescreamer copy so there might be a low end loss there, but at low gain settings I thought it did a decent job.

6. ChopperDave

ChopperDave Hai-ohhhhhhh!

Nov 14, 2012
    Boston, MA
    I used that same pedal on bass, too, and while I loved it for a while, there was enough low-end loss that I decided to change it out for a Hardwire CM-2 (incredible, unerrated pedal, btw). I still like the Joyo Vintage Ovd for guitar, though, and I'll probably keep it/loan it to my guitarist.

I still use the Dynamic Compressor, which is a clone of the MXR DynaComp, I think. That thing will go to the grave with me. It's my Magic Box--it absolutely makes my tone.

7. I have the Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus pedal. I had bought a cheap DanElectro which I didn't care for the tone loss even when the pedal wasn't on. This chorus pedal really rocks, even though it's only got the rate and depth knobs, no mix control. I do use a passive bass and am careful with my gain. It produces nice 80s chorus for even my low B string.
    I just bought the Joyo JF-06 Vintage Phase and am waiting for it to get here. I don't have a compressor yet but due to some work I'm doing now chose the phase instead to start with.
    The last pedal on my board is my reverb - the Old Blood Noise Procession, and it's got a flange which is nice when slow and sweeping, but I really wanted a phase for some things. Since my Procession already has a nice tremolo that I like, I won't be getting that either. But I've heard if you get the Dyna compressor and set it up for your sound, it's a good always-on pedal.
    I've just not personally decided on compression yet, save the internal mimiter that the Rumbles have for the Vintage tone shaping button.