Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

JP Basses Plume 4 Vs Fodera Monarch 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VinceLovesF, Jan 30, 2006.

1. JP Basses Plume 4

37 vote(s)
    37.8%
  2. Fodera Monarch 4 Deluxe

32 vote(s)
    32.7%
  3. Keep your Jazz Bass, Fender rocks!!!

29 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. Hi Guys,

So, I think it's time to change my 4 strings bass. Since I have my F Bass, it's not the same with the Marcus Miller Jazz Bass.
    I can't find the sounds I want and I think this is not the bass made for what I want, so time to move on I think.
    For the new one, I'm debatting between:

JP Basses Plume 4 (new custom):D
    Limba Body
    To be determined Top (Probably Koa, Walnut or Maple or......)
    Macassar Ebony/Padauk 3 piece neck
    Macassar Ebony Fingerboard
    JP Pickups
    Piezo Bridge
    JP Electronics

Fodera Monarch 4 (used):D
    Mahogany Body
    Flame Maple Top
    Maple Neck
    Rosewood Fingerboard
    EMG Pickups
    Fodera Bridge
    Fodera/Pope Preamp

www.jpbasses.com
    www.fodera.com

So let's see what I'm going to choose, I will be curious to hear what people would do!! :)

Bye
    Vince

2. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm a big fan of JP Basses....you can't go wrong with that one. :hyper:

3. Droool, Monarch 4. Tried, true and dead sexy.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I think JP makes a sexy bass (he is a frenchmen, no?)... but I thought he stood by a couple rules like, "5 or more strings only".

5. jordanm

jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    4 string basses
    We designed our body shapes with 5 string standard in mind. Allthough they might work as four string basses we think that 5 is the best way for us to express our craft and we won't take any orders for 4 string basses for now.

Ouch... thats a little harsh..

6. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
  7. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    Why harsh?

although I've had this sentence written on the site for some time now, lately I decide to accept a couple of orders for 4 stringers.
    There was la Lucii 4 string fretless in the last batch, there will be a lucci 4 string with hipshot tremolo in the current one and I'm opened to do a coupel more from time to time, as long as I love the projetc.

Time to update the site heh?? lol

;)

Peace,
    JP

8. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
  9. glen9

glen9

Mar 7, 2005
    I already have one JP Zia bass, another one ready in a few months and since I've tried a Fodera, I have also ordered a JP Naia for 2007. Get that Plume, Vince and stop being silly!:p

10. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Not criticising, just wondering... if you're after a certain sound, or even a certain look, why are you looking at a Fodera with conservative, "normal" woods and electronics, versus a JP with unusual woods (although the padauk is said to be similar to maple, but the ebony up the middle has got to change things) and a piezo bridge? They just seem so different.

(Voted: JP, of course!!)

11. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    JPbasses for me, but you need 4 more strings!!!!!!:p

12. JP, you're getting weak! ;)

13. Oh yeah, I'd go with JP, but that's because I've owned a JP and I know that JP makes high quality instruments with outstanding attention to detail and I think that his pickups and electronics give a great sound. The only thing more that I'd want would be a midrange control. Aesthetically JP probably has about the nicest shapes out there, IMO, and they work really well with the really organic (woody) look that his basses have (no paint and no gloss).

They smell nice too. :D

14. yeah your question makes sense!
    In fact, I'm not after one sounds, I'm after some sounds, I have ideas, that I would like to get for basses....
    The F Bass have one sound I'm looking for, but the MM don't have the one I'm expecting from my 4!!

So one of both!
    Moreover, with the selection of woods possible, Fodera is to me far to be conservative, but that's just my opinion, I love both because I tried both.....(I tried the Zia 9!)

Thanks for answering!
    Vince

15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    o.0

do I see a Blinged out, Gold hardware Plume with Abalone face dots and fretlines in the future :p

16. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Both are beautiful

Rob

17. It'll be a neck thru too, with EMG pickups and preamp. :D

18. I would say Fodera 4..

19. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002