1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

JSON serialization error when logging in on iPhone app

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Challanger2, May 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Challanger2

Challanger2

Feb 13, 2015
    I received the following error when trying to log into the iPhone app. The pop up occurred after clicking the login button

Attached Files:

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Thank you for the detailed report. Hopefully will have this fixed soon. Does your password by chance have any special characters in it?

3. Challanger2

Challanger2

Feb 13, 2015
    No, it is only alphanumeric with upper/lower case characters and numbers.

Im also having a weird issue where nothing is getting shown in the app. Notice how on the first screen it says "Welcome Challanger2", but on the settings page it asks me to login. I'm wondering if my app got corrupted somehow, but I'm not going to reinstall yet in case there's any additional info you would want to get beforehand

Attached Files:

4. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Thanks for the info. Go ahead and try reinstalling now and see if it happens again...

5. Challanger2

Challanger2

Feb 13, 2015
    Tried reinstalling and the same thing is happening. I'm noticing two apps on the Apple App Store, a Talkbass app and a Talkbass.com app. Both have the same image and have talkbass.com as the publisher, so I don't know which one I should be using. I'm encountering issues with the talkbass app, but with the talkbass.com app everything seems to be working properly. I'm on iOS 10.3.2

paul likes this.
  6. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Weird! "TalkBass" should be unpublished. Talkbass.com is the correct one. I'll look into this

7. Challanger2

Challanger2

Feb 13, 2015
    It's possible that since I had the old version installed it showed up for me, and I never switched over to the new one. I'll delete the old one and use the talkbass.com one now. Thanks for your help!