JT Beatle bass for B-day

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by byrdsfan, Jan 2, 2005.

1. byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    My birthday is the day after Christmas and what do i (eventually) find hanging on the wall in the place of my Dano DC but a new Jay Turser black Beatle bass. Nice!
    It was my wife's surprise gift. I thought all i got was U2's new CD and was pretending to be thrilled by that (and not very well) when i finally noticed the black beauty.
    It turns out my wife and my best friend conspired to get this. She had seen the Rogue in my many MF catalogues but he talked her into the JT. He is also in another band with a guy who has the Rogue and after trying out mine said he's sure the JT is better. I know i prefer the Turser name to the other but in fairness they might be same guitar.
    They settled on black because my wife preferred it and she said after all i'm not Sir Paul. My friend agreed the black looked very cool and maybe didnt try as hard to be what it wasnt. I'm still a little torn on the issue but it is impressive.

I put Thomastiks(?) flats on it and plays and sounds great. I have a JT acoustic guitar and that has the same easy action.
    t does not sound "short scale" like my Musicmaster. It's full and bouncy, just like what's his name's.
    Picture shows me in an obvious PM pose.

Attached Files:

2. merry xmass and happy birthday!
  3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    cool Danelectro dbl-neck on the wall too~!

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

What a great gift!. Enjoy it and Happy Birthday.How do you like U2's new album?.
  5. bassclef112

bassclef112 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2003
    New York City, NY
    Congratulations! I bought the exact same one last year and have been very pleased with it. I was thoroughly impressed with the quality (I'm talking bang for the buck, not comparing it to a Hoffie) and the sound of this bass. I threw a set of Pyramids on it and it always leaves my bandmates shaking their heads after a Beatle set. Pretty cool. Enjoy your new bass!!

P.S. A word of caution - only wipe down the hardware, don't polish it. I found out the gold plating is only a few atoms thick..LOL. Still looks great though. ;)

P.P.S. I also got U2's new album - I could have just bought the title track. I'm not that wild about the rest of it, but I'm sure the real U2 heads will enjoy it.
  6. byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    The U2 album is literally lost in the shuffle of gifts and a party we had (at which i played the JT). Probably under that tree somewhere with the ham my brother sent me. I'm sure it wil turn up. Notice though the Beatle bass was well secured.