Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

JT, Conklin

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wxp4759cb, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    JT, are you endorsed by conklin, or do you buy all those sweet basses?
    Just curious.

2. I'm no JT, so correct me if i'm wrong John, but i do remember you saying once that you get them at like half price or something like that because you but so many.

3. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I'm sure he'll chime in soon & set the truth completely straight but i think he's said he got close to half off of list on his double neck. He probably gets some sorta discount cause he buys i think right about 1-2 a year or something. thats all
    BTW i think i'm buyin my 4th this wkend[none conklin] [venturin into the g**tar world]

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    conklin doesn't endorse anybody - even the signature models, like bill dickens and rocco prestia, are provided through westheimer.

i do exclusively play conklins, but that is purely by choice - if i found a bass i liked as much or more, i'd get it and play it.

that fact has enabled me to get my basses at somewhat of a discount, but bill doesn't make anyting for anybody for free

5. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    ok, cool.