1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

JTB-40 Pickguard

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by MattyOH, Jan 5, 2018.

1. MattyOH

MattyOH

Jan 5, 2018
    I'm looking to swap out the pickguard on my mini bass (Jay Turser JTB-40). I love the way this one feels, and how light it is, but I'm over the white pickguard. Where can I find them? Or will a P bass pickguard fit? It looks almost exact.

2. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Lost Wages, Nevada
    Since the JTB-40 is a 3/4 size bass, I imagine the pick guard is 3/4 size, too. Pickguardian will probably make one for you, if you send them a very good tracing of the original - or the original itself. There are other makers, I'm sure, but they're the only one that comes to mind at the moment. Or... how good are you with a scroll saw? ;)

3. MattyOH

MattyOH

Jan 5, 2018
    I live in an apartment in the city, so I don't have any power tools at my disposal, but I'm fine with sending it off for a custom copy. Thanks for the help.