1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

jt's random factoid o'the day #6

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by john turner, Sep 19, 2008.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    we have a whole forum infrastructure here at talkbass for moderators and another for admins. we keep indepth documentation of folks that show themselves to be either good members, or bad ones.

we have threads on many members, discussing their participation here and their general good forum citizenship. we have quite a few folks that we have on the "would make a good mod" list (and yes, if you ask or even just show the slightest interest in being put on that list, you are removed from consideration permanently).

on the other hand, if you have more than 2 or 3 infractions or warnings, you can be fairly certain there's a thread discussing your fitness to remain a member here, logging all your past misdeeds, so that every mod in every forum is aware of your penchant for forum mayhem. :)

don't ask a mod where you are in the tb scheme of things, or if you have a thread, because you probably won't get an answer. if a mod discusses any member's situation it is grounds for their removal.

we as admins have another forum where we conduct the same thing, only with regard to the moderators as well. rumor has it that paul has one where he discusses us admins, but we have him convinced he's on global ignore since nobody answers his posts.:bag:

2. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    John Turner's making a list, he's checking it twice....

3. Thats it! You're on my list.

4. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yep, i know when you're sleeping...

Attached Files:

5. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    LMAO!

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Of course, if you think about it, the mods would say something like that to keep the userbase scared. Its an old trick. Their chief weapon is surprise, surprise and fear, their two, two chief weapons are....

7. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification

On the grounds that this is proof that you're insane.

8. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    That's a lot of information, John.

Am wondering to myself if this mod's "good or bad" list only contains supporting members.

9. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I have a feeling I know which list I'm on and which list I'm not on.

Please allow me to extend my sincerest apologies. :atoz:

10. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    now don't get me wrong - folks make mistakes, get passionate in conversations, forget this is t3h in3rw3b and not serious, etc. we usually don't hold grudges - frankly this site is too big for that.

but it's good for you folks to know what's going on behind the scenes, i think, at least to give you a feel of how the site works.

another factoid - talkbass is the largest single-instrument-focused discussion forum on the web. the harmony central discussion forum and a metal discussion forum are the only instrument-based forums that are larger, but they discuss all instruments and other music-related topics as well, not just one.

11. Dangle

Dangle

May 28, 2008
    that's too bad.

12. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    murders usually don't kill people either :D

:bag:

13. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I was on the Dean's List a couple of time too. Unfortunately, it was the wrong list. College was the best 10 years of my life....

14. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    LOL

15. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    a few of our members not only have their own threads, but actual running bets on when the axe will fall. sorta the tb-equivalent of "celebrity death pool".

it's not fair, really, since we're sorta in control of that, but we do it anyway, sorta like a kid with a magnifying glass looming over an anthill.

some of the folks, we're just waiting on the pot to grow. :hyper:

16. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    Great... a TBHomeland Security! :rolleyes:

Next time I'm pulled from the flight list at the airport security gate and get the full blown "cavity search"... I'll know who to blame!! :eyebrow:

;)

17. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Or thank.......:bag:

18. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Hey, could we do the same thing in OT? That could be fun! :hyper:

19. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Jeez... Makes me wonder who cashed in on morf's downfall, and how much...

20. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    We could actually make use of the lounge....:rolleyes: