Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Juan Alderete on Bass guitar mag June/July?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by judas jedermann, Sep 14, 2005.

1. I heard that Juan has altered his set up since Bass player pictures and new board is shown in June/July Bass guitar magazine (US, not European). Couldn`t find any picuters from the magazines web pages. Scanner anybody?

2. Buy it dude. It's worth it.

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    tplyons posted a photo a while back, you would be able to find it by searching :)

4. I found only posted pictures from bass player mag from last spring. Heard that in the Bass guitar mag from summer Juan has altered his set up somehow. Maybe Phyrexian is right. I should order a copy for myself.

5. Of course I'm right!
    :bassist:

It's a great magazine... I guess Finnish newsstands carry them, not?

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I scanned the BP article, not the BG article. I didn't know there was one.

7. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    the BG article doesn't shop the full board of Mr adlerte but It seems different than the one tplyons scanned for me a couple of months ago

8. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Man, he's got a lot of line selectors there. I would think that a rich guy like that could get somebody to mod his pedals for cheap or even free.

9. this guy smokes

Attached Files:

10. its a good article too. those are pretty much all the shots of his rig.

Attached Files:

11. Thanks pals!

Nice pictures Big Green. I`ve never heard of Mxr fat fuzz. Have to check it out.

12. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Me either and I can't find anything about it.

13. Fat fuzz looks same as mxr`s bass auto filter. Hmmm. Very strange indeed. :eyebrow:

14. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Most MXR pedals are in that case.

15. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    You can see a Deep Impact on the left hand edges of pictures 2 and 4

16. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Who says he's rich? The Mars Volta isn't really making huge money opening for System of A Down, I'm sure, and their albums don't really sell great, and Racer X albums never sold great, either. So the likelihood of him being rich is not great, either.

17. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    OK, rich guy - rock star - fairly famous dude, whatever you want to call him. Just making an observation/trying to help him out. It would cost him all of $20-25 bucks to mod the bass micro synth, possibly a little more for the Mutron, not sure about the Moogerfooger (I don't think too many people would want to crawl around in there?). So he could sell at least 2 of those line selectors and have 2 more true bypass pedals...and he might even make a little money doing that. That way he wouldn't have to power as many pedals and he would also have a shorter signal path. That's all I was getting at.

18. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    The switching is really dodgy on the Micro Synth, on mine its pretty much 50/50 on every stomp whether it will actually do anything.

I have mine in the loop of an LS-2, because the switch is much more reliable - 100%.

Secondly, the volume jump on the BMS is massive. It's a high gain effect which can cause alot of problems with the mix both when recording and when playing out live. The LS-2 lets me set the level so when i switch the BMS in and out of my chain, there is no volume jump.

19. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    looks more like a whammy to me, not sure thougt what you're pointing