Juan Nelson Alert

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by rickbass, May 8, 2001.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Unfortunately, it's during prime gig time for many of us, but there's always the VCR - Juan will be laying bricks of bass with his MTD, playing with Ben Harper, as usual, on David Letterman this Friday evening....Marty Forrer, Bazz Mechanic, catch it if you can.
  2. Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    Juan Nelson is pretty underrated if you ask me. He does some great stuff with Ben Harper. "Fight for Your Mind" is a killer tune!
  3. They had a live Ben Harper show on Much More Music (Canadian) the other night. Live in Paris I believe. Anyway, I never paid much attention to Harper or Juan Nelson until then, but I have seen the light. I was totally blown away by Ben Harper's songs and Juan Nelson's bass playing! WOW! I watched the whole thing twice!
  4. rickbass

Cornbread - I know what you mean. I imagine most people don't know who that brick wall of man standing behind Harper is, doing all those lightning slides :rolleyes:
  5. G

Apr 12, 2000
    I, too, am an avid Juan Nelson fan. The new Ben Harper live album has great bass playing all over it. Check it out.
  6. rickbass

That old Weissenborn Harper plays sounds like it's on fire, doesn't it? And when you couple it with Nelson's bass bombs, it's some hot action. Maybe if they shaved their heads, got piercings and tattoos, and jumped up like they were on pogo sticks...... :rolleyes:
  7. I missed that Letterman one, 'cos that show's not being aired currently in my country. Juan is not only a killer bassist, but a very fine singer as well. Damn, I hate him.
  8. rickbass

Shoot! I just found out it's been canceled for tomorrow night and rescheduled for June 22. I was hoping Nelson and Lee might bust, (in my dreams).

BTW, I know I could just delete the orginal post and zap this thread, but that wouldn't help out anyone who was just viewing it.