1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Juan Nelson's Titan FS on Ebay!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Frankie Fender, Apr 2, 2009.

1. This is going to get ugly. J N's Titan

It has just come up for auction and has over nine days left, there have been eleven bids on it and the price is going up, up, up. I refuse to take part in this carnage - I'm just a lurker. My only question is "Why two footswitches?"

I used to own an SVT that was *supposedly* owned by Michael Anthony, but this one looks pretty well documented and the winner will have some mighty bragging rights.

I don't stand to gain in any way from this sale, I just thought it was interesting to pass it along. The pictures are incredible.

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ooo. how much -should- it be, minus the famous player connection?

3. New ones sell for $1699 across the board. No less.

4. ShawnStones

ShawnStones

Nov 24, 2008
    Rockford,Il
    Nice of them to give out the poor guys address and phone number.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Ya, agreed. They should have smeared the address/phone. Even I would do that for my stuff and I'm not even a celebrity bassist. OTOH, even though he's a killer bassist, does it really add value to an amp to be owned by the bassist for Ben Harper? And perfect condition? If so, why are there long scratches on the lid?

6. Bardley

Bardley

Nov 16, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    I was thinking the same thing... I would be pissed. :eyebrow:

7. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    Yeah, "this is the amp he never gigged with, in fact he took it back within a month!" :rolleyes:

I mean it says ship TO him in February this year?

EDIT: It looks like it may have been serviced or something from the sticker on the side of the box, then put up for sale...

8. I was just throwing it out there for folks to see. I for one am not impressed with the name behind it, but some fans are. I bought my SVT based on the sound and condition, even though the guy who sold it kept name dropping. I was like yeah whatever, the price is right and everything looks good.

I also noticed an RA# on the Titan, makes me wonder if something wasn't wrong with it? Personally I don't think the Titan is a slapper's amp at all. It could be steal if the price doesn't climb too high or it could be a bidding war with someone overpaying. Like I said, it will be interesting to watch.

9. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    It's a great amp and maybe someone can get a good deal on it. I have no idea why there are two footswitches included, but that's cool. Keep one for spare. Great pics.

10. I believe his MTD 535 is up for sale on ebay as well.

11. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    The Titan kills for slap, or any other technique. It isn't just about dirt, the clean tone is strong, tight, and clear.

12. I agree that what you say about it being much more than dirt, in fact it is incredibly versatile, which is why I like it. Not being a slapper myself, I guess I don't know what would make a good slapper's amp. I figure the M6 would be better in comparison, but I really can't say. So yes, I stand corrected. :bawl:

I love it for the roundness, warmth & balls, but we know there is much more to the amp than just that.

13. I emailed the seller and told him he might want to take down the pic with his name, number, etc...haha

14. Meh, I had a chance at Roger Glover's (IIRC) vintage SVT + 810. Went for all of £750 on the UK ebay. Couldn't care less who had it before hand, that was just a damned steal for that setup. But, typically didnt have any money at the time!

15. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Anybody call Juan yet? :D