Judas Priest+Queensryche=Awesome

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tyler_W, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Tyler_W

Jun 15, 2005
    Woodbridge, VA
    So... I went to the nissan pavillion yesterday to see Judas Priest and Queensryche with some friends.

My friend ricky knows the security guy there and we scored front row tickets, and it was ****ing awesome. The bass was so deep/loud that it rattled our chest cavities and a stack of speakers almost fell down.

Anyways, queensryche was first up and their performance was.... meh. It didnt help that the black curtains were there to hide the Judas Priest set. Also, there was wayy too much bass in the mix for my taste.

After about 50 minutes of queensryche, they left and about an hour later... Judas Priest came on. and... With us getting a huge seat upgrade for free because of our relationship with security, the sound quality was great. Also, Priest had a great setlist which spanned over their years. And Rob had his ways with the crowd, so that was cool.

After about 2 hours of drunks and chest rattling bass, the concert was over. K.K Downing went backstage and got some picks, which he threw to the crowd.

I was fortunate enough to catch a pick, which was autographed(no shens) pics of the pick will come later

Judas Priest+Queensryche= Teh Awesome
  2. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Yes, I saw this show in NJ. We had very good sound for both bands. Queensryche was flawless, and Priest really rocked for a bunch of old guys. Halford was leaning over a lot -- I couldn't tell if it was his metal stance or if he was straining to sing.
  3. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

I want to go to that show so badly... very badly... but day they have a show is day i am leaving for 10days:(

I wish i could go... i hope both will come back:(
  4. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Queensryche's live show is usually very good, unless Geoff is having a rough night.
  5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  6. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Man, I had the chance to go to that exact concert....if it weren't for me being poor and having had to work on sunday evening..

7. It would be cool to see Queensryche live.
  8. whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    I'm working concessions for that show here(it's volunteer work that goes towards my son's hockey expenses).

I might slip out from time to time to catch a glimpse. :hyper: