1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Judge gives DRUNK DRIVER a 17 yr sentence

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by syciprider, Sep 17, 2008.

1. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    After ripping him a new one :smug:

http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/1242360.html

Drunk drivers are right up there with child molesters.

2. hey

hey

Jul 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Lol at trying to appeal the sentence. He deserves life at the very least for killing 4 people out of his own idiotic decision. I'm sorry that an idiot like him is part of the Catholic community.

3. mrokern

mrokern TB's resident Rush freak

Jul 20, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    I agree with the comment from the family member that he should have wrapped his own car around a pole. Would save the taxpayers some money.

Appeal? This piece of **** should never, ever see the light of day again. Screw him, he's a waste of blood.

-Mark

4. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    The judge got it right.

5. Bassman7PM

Bassman7PM

Mar 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    This dude should have gotten life. Drunk drivers know they're drunk when they get behind the wheel so their actions are no less than premeditated murder. Homicidal Maniacs!!!

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Good work by that judge to call it like it is. I like hearing when our justice system works.

7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire

Exactly. All we need is a legal precedent so we can try these murderers for what they really did.

8. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Never ever drive drunk-Never!

9. He deserves it and more.

lowsound

10. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    +1

He should do his time with dignity and give this sorry state of affairs the respect it deserves.

11. Please can the UK have this judge? We could use a few more like this judge...

12. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Based on the article, his dignity was lost long ago. I wish him a long and miserable time getting acquatinted with the ins and outs of the state penitentary system, and the odd desires of his cell mate.

13. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    If they really wanted to stop drunk-driving, they would make all sentences, even for those who didn't kill anyone, at least 20 years. They make too much money off drunk drivers though, so they don't want to scare them away.

14. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    It may amount to that anyway at age 67, depending on how the parole board treats him down the line.

15. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I wished they'd give the same sentences over here.

16. Armueller2001

Armueller2001

Sep 19, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Pretty sweet how you can get a DUI for having a beer with dinner and driving to the store afterward... I think getting a DUI should be based on impairment level, not on BAC. They need to concentrate on people who are swerving all over the road like this guy, not the dude who goes and has a couple drinks after work and has a .085 BAC.

17. Impairment level is pretty subjective though. Some people can hold their drink and not show a single sign, others are falling around after a single drink. BAC is objective

18. Armueller2001

Armueller2001

Sep 19, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Exactly. The dude who goes and has a couple drinks after work and is at .08 isn't really impaired at all compared to the 17 yr old who drinks and gets a .08 and is swerving all over while driving.

That's what field sobriety tests are for... to test impairment.

19. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    .08 BAC is over the legal limit, and an automatic DUI no matter whether or not you show signs of impairment. You can also get a DUI if you are impaired, even though you might be under .08 BAC. In fact, if you are impaired from ANY substance (not just alcohol), you can get a DUI. "Driving Under the Influence" doesn't just mean booze.

20. I feel terrible about all this, but while reading, I couldn't help but wonder - Is Brizchelle really a name? Wow.

I agree that he got what he deserved, he seems like a lying, low life scumbag who's trying to weasel his way out of what he deserves by faking pity, so let him rot.