Judge orders Steve Jobs to anser antitrust questions

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Selta, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Judge orders Jobs to answer iTunes questions | Reuters

2. So let's summarize this. A product that works exceptionally well, and is very popular, and which makes a lot of money. A second company wants in on the success but does not offer a valuable product, and has no marketing campaign. Their approach? Get the government to forcibly allow them a piece of the action.

This makes me sick.

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Worked against Microsoft!

4. +1

I still think it would be nice to be able to add music from other programs other than iTunes. iTunes freezes a lot on me and uses a lot of CPU so I wouldn't mind the option of adding music with Windows Media Player or something, but Firmware and Software updates should stay with iTunes.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Welcome to America! You'll have to take the bad with the good.

-Mike

6. avvie

avvie

Oct 12, 2010
    Maui, HI
    WOW! Someone else noticed!!! :eek:

Man, I couldn't find ANYONE who wasn't buying the Microsoft Evil Corporation bit on that one...

Has anyone here ever read the Sherman Anti-Trust Act? Very interesting... it basically says "we in Congress really have no idea what business is or how it works, so we're gonna leave it up to each individual judge to decide whether to incarcerate anyone they want to indefinitely for any reason they feel like."

You can trace EVERYTHING that's wrong with America today back to this law, the New Deal and US v. Butler (1936).

7. Don't see the issue with a device only using propriatory software.

Feck, it's one of the main reasons I don't own any Apple products :)

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021