1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Judt traded for mu first jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chasfur, Jan 19, 2012.

1. chasfur

chasfur

Feb 14, 2009
    Elkhart , Indiana
    I'm super pumped about my first jass bass. It's an mim. Looks alil rough, more fret wear than I'd like.
    Positive side I like the pickups. Domarzio ultra jazz I guess.. And actually digging the mojo of the body.
    Here comes the good stuff .
    I want a maple neck , baddest ass Bridge and black hardware.
    Its mim so I don't wanna spend a fortune I need this stuff at best price I can get.... Suggestions?? I'd spend good money on a beck though lol

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Between TB classifieds and ebay, those are all available.

3. Is that like a Badass bridge, but in the superlative?

4. slapmachine

slapmachine

Oct 4, 2010
    PV, Kansas
    rofl ;)

5. BrBss

BrBss Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
    "Judt traded for mu first jazz"....

DUDE! LEARN TO PROOFREAD! :rollno:

6. JonahTheAmazing

JonahTheAmazing

Dec 19, 2010
    Sadly, all that hardware will add up. Especially all black hardware, buying all that really adds up. Necks a pretty costly too. Bridges are as well. But eBay and TB has plenty of deals now and then.

Why do we have such an expensive hobby?

7. Swampman Cory

Swampman Cory

Nov 9, 2009
    Los Angeles / ex-Michigan
    Endorsing Artist: Reunion Blues, 64 Audio, Mesa Engineering
    From what I've gathered, a Mighty Mite neck might be a really solid choice. You can buy one for $100 shipped online... I can't comment on them though. I bought one to replace the neck on my MIM P-bass, but haven't played it yet. I dropped it off at a luthier's place yesterday, and he was impressed and echoed the sentiment that it is a really solid choice.

8. Basso54

Basso54

Jul 22, 2003
    Dalhart, TX
    I just got a Mighty Mite from Musicians friend from their last 20% off promotion with free shipping. very nice neck for $80. Expect to spend about $150 - $200 for a loaded fender or squire neck. Usually more for Maple fretboards than Rosewood.

9. chasfur

chasfur

Feb 14, 2009
    Elkhart , Indiana
    Cool advice, even the spell check / proof read fellas, now are mighty might necks finished? Why luthier? How much finishing is needed?

10. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Always overcompensating Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    Once you get the neck you could also try getting a new body for it. Itll make the bass that much more awesomer.

11. It won't even be the same bass anymore. He'll have two at that point

12. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Always overcompensating Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    Shhhhhhhh

13. I'll add in a vote for Mighty Mite. I've used a few of their maple/maple necks on some FrankenSquier builds I did, and they're really sweet pieces, especially considering their cost. Nice and straight, decent fretwork, with a smooth, even finish...all in all, a pretty solid neck for $100. IMHO, one of the best inexpensive replacement necks out there.

14. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    nothing wrong with a mighty mite neck... $100.00 shipped

15. chasfur

chasfur

Feb 14, 2009
    Elkhart , Indiana
    Just wondering, isnt jazz 1 1/2 at the nut? Mm list it as 1 11/16

16. If you're looking at the MF website, it lists all the Mighty Mite bass necks - P and J - with a nut width of 1 11/16". That is incorrect, and probably the result of someone copy-pasting the specs from one product to another. The Mighty Mite J necks I have used had a 1 1/2" nut.

17. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Give him a break on the spelling...he's from India and probably doesn't speak much English.

18. BassBob1

BassBob1

Dec 21, 2010
    So they don't speak English in Indiana now? :)

Sorry but someone had to do it.

BTW OP, congrats on the Jazz

19. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    Interesting. What is this mysterious "Mu First Jazz" bass, and why was it traded?

20. +1 as well I about spit my coffee out when I read that.

Congrats on the J man!