Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Judy Eden reads TalkBass?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I know, I know. There is no Judy Eden. But if there were, she'd know that, next to Gard, I've sold more Eden gear than anyone else in here, and I don't even work in a store. So how 'bout some free swag with that new WT-550? Hmmmmm?

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Sold...I dunno.

Maybe you can get swag for "Hmmp"ing in even the face of even the most staunch opposition?

3. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Ampeg is doo doo.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    *sniff* That's m' boy *chokes*

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    nordschow, ya mean? hee hee

6. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Neptoon, SSHHHH! You're blowing it!

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...hey guys, don't scare her off!

:p

8. I don't think so.

If she's too busy to return phone calls, and too busy to reply to emails, she certainly isn't going to read TB posts.

There was a time I was ready to spend some SERIOUS cash on Eden gear. I called... got stonewalled because somebody "was in a meeting". I emailed, fell off the planet waiting for a response.

I spent the money elsewhere. Then again, Eden is making so DAMN much money, they certainly don't need mine.

9. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    This mirrors my experience with their customer support, or should I say, lack thereof...

Nice cabs, nice amps, abyssmal support... :mad:

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    In that case, I'd hate to pass one of those 8x10's.
    :eek:

brad cook

11. MESA\BOOGIE!!!!!!

12. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Of the two I'd take Boogie... I hate that Mesa stuff.

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    And you can always use a good boogie.

14. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    I must have caught them (Eden) at just the right moment when I called them. I called to see about getting an owners manual to a couple of their amps that I was considering buying and I talked for a good bit to someone (forgot his name) and he patiently answered all my questions and said he'd e-mail me the owners manuals, which he did right after we got off of the phone.

15. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Just make sure it's yours, and not stuck to the underside of a school room desk.

16. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Just in case she is reading...

Love my WT-400, but for such pricey gear, I was surprised at how totally bush league the manual was. I've seen better junior high school journalism projects printed with a mimeograph machine. I especially love the totally illegible "mark your favorite settings page." Good thing you don't need the EQ anyway.

17. chardin

chardin

Sep 18, 2000
    I've called Eden several times and always talked to someone in the shop. Once I needed to know if the DI in my WT-400 could handle the phantom power from a Mackie console. The guy at Eden said no problem and described the DI in depth. Very friendly.

18. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    yup, ive had nothing but positve experiences when calling eden as well. nothing but helpful. their email responses are a different story. fodera is another example of that. they dont always get back to emails quickly but over the phone its all the help you could need. i think some of us get spoiled with email since its so quick and easy when the best thing to do is just call and actually talk to someone.

19. dprives

dprives

Apr 22, 2002
    SF Bay Area

Same here. Although, I have (or should that be had?) a lowly Nemesis product without the exalted Eden badge. I guess that means when your amp dies you get routed to voicemail hell instead of customer service?

When I decided to can the Nemesis and upgrade, Eden was out. Now I play SWR. Yeah!!!:D