Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

JuJitsu:

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by God_of_bass, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Yeah, i got my blue belt at the National Grading this morning. i'm quite amazed, i didn't know my stance or kicking kata and messed up my novice kata, but i passed. And with only one pulled muscle, i was very pleased.
    Though we weren't tested on our bones and muscles of the body, the very thing i had practised very hard!God darn..
    anyway, pointless post over, thank you for reading..:hyper:

2. well done & congrates. :)

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    wOOt for martial artists!

6 years of shoalin Kung Fu.

4. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Congrats' :D

I got to blue belt then bailed out :/

My dad has his own ju-jitsu club and wants me/my brother to take over when he has to retire for one reason or another..

5. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Sweet stuff. I took a form of karate Shorin-Ru for a while. It was really cool. I think i took for about 6 or 7 years. I quite because it just got to be a hassle. I miss it like crazy sometimes.

6. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul
    keep it up..

And I am an aikidoka 2.Dan,
    And have studied wingtsun for 6 months.

7. Hey man, Congratulations.

I got my blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Been studying for about 4 years or so. Bet you can't guess what my favorite joint lock is?:)

Just noticed your from Belfast. I used to hang out with a band from Ballymena (spelling?) called the Bedhangers when I was living in Dublin. Great band, but since broken up.

8. Cheers guys, your all,seemingly, more advanced than me..makes my blue belt look kinda pitiful! I love Ju Jitsu. JuJitsu, music and guitars, the greatest combination.
    Yep, Ballymena, correct spelling and all! Favourite lock, lets see...could be one of 1,000,000! If i had to choose my favourite move i'd say, probably, crab claw scissors, purely because it looks so darn cool!

9. Mine is still the kamora or Keylock! First one I learned, but still the most effective. You guys work on any leg or ankle locks? I know some schools won't teach them because of insurance issues. The reverse heel hook (opponents leg traped with his shin across your torso, the blade of your wrist against his heel) is the nastiest one I've seen so far. Had an oppurtunity to train a few times with Renzo Gracie. Man, those Brazilians love leg locks.
    Keep it up man it's a life long learning adventure, much like bass playing.

Oh yeah, I used to do some partying with the boys in Watercress. I think they're from Belfast. They still around?

10. The names escape me, apart from the obvious ones i.e. straight arm locks, wrist pins, shoulder arm locks..etc One move has many different names.
    The most effective move, i believe is, a thumb pin.An opponent would squeeze your hand, you then apply pressure to their thumb. This is done by squeezing the thumb towards the carpels. Haven't meet one person who can withstand it..deadly

Where they a 3 or 4 peace rock band? havent heard them in a while..
    Ctoal

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    "I don't know ka-rate, but I know Ca-razy!"

brad cook

12. Yeah, they were a four piece. Upright bass player and a real funny looking dude on mandolin and digeredoo (or how ever you spell it). Real catchy kind of pop tunes.