1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jukeboxes from the past - Who has one?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mlowe, Jul 23, 2007.

1. I've always wanted to get a retro genuine jukebox from the 50-60's, the old vinyl singles, valve amp and that upright bass warm tone that all comes with the past decades.

Anyone have one?

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

My friend has one. Well it's his father's. Never listened to it though.

3. My friend Barry has one. It's an old Wurlitzer brand, if I'm not mistaken. It's cool. He put all his prog Genesis type stuff in it... it sounds really really nice actually.

I like old Jukes, but what I personally really like more is console stereos. I wanted to gut one, put new modern speakers in it, make a rack mount for modern amp and dvd player, and motorize it so the top lid would slide slightly forward, and a widescreen would rise out from the back of the unit. Then when you shut everything down, it's all out of sight, and clean neat and protected.

I think that'd be the cat's ass.

Mon

4. threshar

threshar

Jul 30, 2002
    I have one, it came with the house (the basement had a finished room done up 50s style - pinball, jukebox, pool table, 50s style soda bar (with sink, etc). The problems: Pinball no longer works, the jukebox sounds like hell, the pool table isuneven and the bar is never used, and at one point a pipe burst and flooded down here!

But it is still nice. I actually ended up wiring the jukebox into a receiver for better sound. I'm probably going to sell the pinball machine one of these days, there appers to be a market for that kind of thing and I'm sure it would take someone familiar with the inner workings of the machine 5 minutes to fix it.