1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jule Amps Simone

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Johnny Mac, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Riff-finder General Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Springfield, MA
    Haven't seen any mention of this in the effects forum, but the news dropped over in the Monique thread that Jule is prototyping a pedal version of the Monique, called the Simone.

I was GASing for a Monique before I decided to go the pedal route and get a Le Bass, but if Simone gets an effects loop there's a high chance I will make the switch.

DirtyDuke likes this.
  2. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    Nice, hopefully they can put top jacks in the final version.

Laklandfan likes this.
  3. Johnny Mac

Sep 28, 2005
    Springfield, MA
    The Simone, as well as Jule's new 500 watt pedalboard power amp, will be making an appearance at NAMM. Worth noting that the final version of the Simone will have a new enclosure.

HeavyJazz likes this.
  4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Yep. On board and waiting to get some hands on time. It has 4 tubes and the same Cinemag transformer as the Monique. Jule worked on a FET based one and it didn't pan out. We did discuss jack placement and it's a tough one because like amps, placement and geometry can cause noise and other problems...so it will end up being sort of whatever the best option as can be done. Jule asked me about 'face mount' jacks and I suggested that it wasn't a great solution but also that people would love 'top mount' if possible. I don't know where it ended up.

e-flat and Johnny Mac like this.
  5. Johnny Mac

Sep 28, 2005
    Springfield, MA
    It sounded like the tubes were different from the Monique? I don't actually know what the Monique uses though.

6. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Probably due to size...the Monique has 2x 6SL7 for the gain and EQ stages. a EZ81 rectifier and a 12AU7 that drives the output signal.

7. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Updatez. Not quite the finished version, but getting closer...and some details:

IMG_0414.jpg

Simmone is fed with a 9v supply, runs the tubes at 130v. It uses 4x 6AK5 pentodes...and this one has a 'drive' control which the Monique does not. Jule is still tweaking the drive control and it's sweep. Obviously it also has a 'mute' button, another feature the Monique never had.

The tubes will be 'sunk' into the unit a bit and there will be a cage over top. The production models should be out in the mid-spring.

8. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    Great to have a cage for the tubes, but the switches need to be farther from the knobs. A bigger enclosure would make more sense.

9. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Mostly agree. I'm going to see what the pre-production box ends up looking like, since I think this qualifies as a second proto. In conversations with Jule, I know that this is a work in progress right now and he wanted to have something to bring to NAMM. I don't know that this will work as the kind of preamp that masquerades as an 'effects box' where you'd turn it on and off for 'color' since the switches are mute and boost. It's more of a 'rack preamp in a pedal box'. The other thing to remember is that this is most likely a ptp hand wired preamp on the inside. Space may be at a premium. I haven't seen or heard Jule talk about it having boards in it.

10. stephenleejp

stephenleejp Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Virginia Beach
    Sub'd

allenhumble and BurningSkies like this.
  11. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Bergantino-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    Yep. I'll take one of those.

12. extreme

extreme Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Any word on where this will come in price-wise?

13. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    My guess they're in the same ballpark as the Monique, given the similar build and features. Jule hasn't whispered that to anyone yet.

stephenleejp likes this.
  14. been_effected

been_effected

Mar 18, 2007
    Yep, subbed to this. To me, it's this and the Noble Pre. Curious to see what happens in the next few months as more details and reviews come out.

BurningSkies likes this.
  15. allenhumble

allenhumble Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    Where the NAMM Simone love?

flischnews likes this.
  16. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    I know Jule & Marsha are there, but I'm far away. ;) He also brought a headphone amp to the show so people could actually hear the new unit. I'm going to catch up with Jule after the show and see if I can get some hands on time.

allenhumble likes this.
  17. stephenleejp

Apr 20, 2008
    Virginia Beach
    Timothy Chan posted tbis.

Attached Files:

allenhumble likes this.
  18. been_effected

been_effected

Mar 18, 2007
    No news is good news I guess?

I emailed Jule and am on the mailing list for updates. After tracking with a Noble today though, my Instant Gratification Monkey is really making it hard to wait.

stephenleejp likes this.
  19. Acoustic356

Acoustic356 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Earth
    @juledude posted pictures on his Instagram... it is real, and being field tested!

20. stephenleejp

Apr 20, 2008
    Virginia Beach
    4A27CA6B-8C97-495D-888E-2DC69DF25799.jpeg