Jule Dovecage Version

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JPMcGuire, Dec 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JPMcGuire

JPMcGuire Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    hi all.

Thinking of picking up a dove cage. Some of them have an all black chassis with bigger emblem and most I see have a gold chassis. Any differences? Some adds say, "updated" to latest features. What's that referring to?

Thanks!

2. JPMcGuire

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Any dove cage experts?

3. foderaman

foderaman

Jun 14, 2005
    Highland.IL
    My DC is a very early one about 4 years old when they were first catching on here on TB. On the outside all you see is Black but on the bottom plate it is silver colored sheet metal. Internally the sheet metal and main frame has a golden tint to the sheet metal.Its possible over the years Jule has changed some things with his sheet medal. I know mine being a very early one it is not as easy to take the top screen off to get to the tubes so I think Jule has changed the Screen to to make it easier. As far as the updates Jule has tried and switched to some different tubes over the years and has also made the Line Out Knob a push/ Pull Knob for more gain since some people where not getting enough signal or gain to drive some of the separate power amps they where using with. One I can remember was the QSC amps that required a 1.4 volt signal. In Jules original DC it was a .75 volt signal output now it will also put out the hotter signal also.I sent mine back and it know has the Push Pull Line out knob. Not sure if there are any other updates Jule has come up with. I also know my original DC had a 12AX7 as the driver tube and after I got it back it now it has a 12AU7 driver tube.Maybe some one may be able to add more ?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  4. JPMcGuire

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Cool. Thanks much

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021