Julia interview Tony Levin about the new Liquid Tension Experiment

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

This is pretty long.

2. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I finally listened to the interview. Julia is amazing! She is so thorough and knowledgeable. Her approach shows why she is such a great player. Tony Levin is possibly the humble and down to earth great musician I have ever seen interviewed. He really appreciated Julia’s depth of knowledge. That was 35 minutes well spent!

3. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I watched the whole thing. I always enjoy listening to Tony and Julia did a fantastic job!

el jeffe bass and Dr. Cheese like this.
  4. el jeffe bass

el jeffe bass

Nov 22, 2013
    New Mexico
    He was at times totally blown away by her knowledge and the research that she did. My favorite part was when she shared that they were on the same project and that she had transcribed all of his parts, even offered him the sheet music if he ever needed. She is one of the most charming people that the internet has brought us.

DrMole, jerry and Dr. Cheese like this.
  5. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    What a great and knowledgeable ambassador for our favorite instrument she is!

Dr. Cheese, el jeffe bass and DrMole like this.
  6. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    She is a great role to other musicians, especially young ones because she has certainly put in the hours to be great at what she does.

turcmic likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021