1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

jumpin jack flash

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by collicsws6z28, Jun 30, 2007.

1. collicsws6z28

collicsws6z28

Jan 29, 2007
    I thought this would be easy to find, or maybe the one I found was right??? Little help from anyone would be great, ASAP

2. This song is tough. First of all he's playing fretless bass and consistently misses the notes.
    Also his timing and placement of root notes in the verse is strange and sometimes changes from bar to bar.

3. oldrocker

oldrocker Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    The original recording is in Bb - or maybe they tuned down. I play it in B.

It's mostly B for the Verses - the bass really does not double the guitar riff.

The chorus is D A E B 2 times or Db Ab Eb Bb if played to the original recording.

4. I've been fighting this tune a bit for a three-piece band.
    As oldrocker notes, the bass does not follow the guitar riff.
    It's actually a pretty lame bass line. It kind of just noodles
    around on B.

For a three-piece band, the bass must move to that guitar riff
    or the tune just isn't there. I'm still working on it.

5. The original bass part sucks and I doubt if Darryl Jones plays it live.

I double the guitar riff and throw in a few open E notes and dead notes to make a strong groove.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021