Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jumping off a building

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Aaron Saunders, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    If you could jump off a building and feel every single amount of pain associated with it (broken ribs, lung punctures, shattered legs), but not suffer ANY injury -- not even a bloody nose or sprained wrist -- would you do it?

I sure would! It'd SO be worth it.

2. stu FORD

stu FORD

May 22, 2004
    if your counting death as an injury, sure. why not?

3. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    I would do it if there was a trampoline and pillows. It just depends on how big the building is but I doubt I would.

4. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Why would you want to experience that much pain? I'm not digging at you, I'm truly curious.

5. Wait. How does this work? Would the pain just be initial, or for like, a day or something.

If it was only about 10 seconds, yeah, I'd jump off a tall building.

6. If the pain wouldn't last too long, I would. But how you jump off a building, feel the pain, but not get injured or die...I just don't know

7. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    I'm putting Govithoy on a 24 hour suicide watch.

8. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    fixed.

9. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    If you could click on a post and read it and not really get it but not not fall off a building....
    Next :rollno:

10. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    How?

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    i'm putting him on a 24 hour faked suicide watch.

brad cook

12. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Bryan, suspension of disbelief. This is clearly a "what if" situation -- kind of like what if the Canadians won the Stanley Cup, what if Billy Talent lived up to his name, etc.

The pain wouldn't last long. Say, 30 seconds.

Kavorka -- have you ever bungee jumped, parachuted, or anything else that involves a stupid thrill, but there's a safeguard? This basically would be that, but without the need for a safeguard.

stuFORD -- death would be resulting from massive injuries, so yes, death is covered.

Fatbassjazzer -- the building is super-high. Otherwise, there'd be no point. Jumping off a condo would be...well, stupid people already do that. Sky-scraper type size.

Clarification of the whole situation proposed:

You can jump off a building
    Yes, it will hurt
    Not for long
    No, you will not sustain any injury whatsoever
    Would you do it?

13. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    Well, what you are talking about is illegal. Im sure on dumblaws.com it said that the penalty for jumping off a building was death!

14. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I had to look twice to be sure that Mike Money didnt start this thread. :meh:

15. hell no! that would hurt :bawl:

16. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Ouch. It appears this is anything but my shining moment.

daveclark: That sounds like bs to me -- it might be illegal, but it sure wouldn't be punished by death. Capital punishment for attempted suicide? Psh.

17. Sprudellio

Sprudellio

Oct 16, 2002
    Germany
    :hyper: I would do it :hyper:

18. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Sure, I'll try anything once. :D

19. Maybe you should get drunk first, numb the pain. But if I could do things like that, i wouldnt waste it on base-jumping. I'd jump in front of trains and let them hit me, then ride them for free, and I'd use it as a gimmick to make the monies.

20. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    I once worked with a very attractive girl at a video store, she was majoring in film production at a toronto college, and she had made this short film about the mob. Typical immature mob fantasy trash. And I asked her why she would make something like that, what she knew about that life, what new emotions she could share with the audience about this subject. And you know what her answer was? "Haven't you ever wanted to shoot someone?"

The way I felt about her answer is how I feel about your question. As in, no, I haven't ever wanted to shoot someone, and there's no reason why I think that would be "cool" or "interesting."