1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jumping on the TI bandwagon

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Coolhandjjl, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Coolhandjjl

Coolhandjjl Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    I just ordered a set of TI Flats. Had to jump on the bandwagon. I'll report back with my impressions.

2. Coolhandjjl

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    Put them on my 4003s yesterday. Once I got them tuned in, action and relief set, they settled right in and I just didn't experience any of the 'spaghetti-like' feel that is often reported of these strings.

I once read that these strings are 'expressive' sounding. I found that to be true. They really bring out the unique tonal characteristics of the Ric construction.

Maybe it's because I'm 51, been through enough twelve step and therapy programs, and am simply comfortable with a somewhat lighter tension string that reveals more subtle harmonic character. I still have DR LoRider steels on my other Ric for grindy growly stuff, I'm not dead yet. :p

The Fender 9050CLs they replaced are staying in the drawer.

3. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    You have been assimilated. Welcome.

4. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    Canada, eh!
    Resistance is futile!

5. Coolhandjjl

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    ;)
    A creative spelling of my real name is Jean-Luc.