Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Junior High School of "rock"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Against Will, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Are you tired of such been-there, done-that femme feuds as Christina vs. Britney, Pink vs. Christina, and Christina vs. Kelly? Well, the latest would-be pop diva rivalry smells a lot like tween spirit. Self-styled rock rebel Avril Lavigne, 19, is taking aim at squeaky clean Hilary Duff, 16, who allegedly said last September that Avril was "mean-spirited" towards admirers emulating her necktie-and-tank-top style.

"I read that I was supposedly mad at my fans for dressing like me," Avril gripes to Newsweek (yes, Newsweek). "They quoted Hilary Duff as saying, 'Avril needs to appreciate her fans more and blah, blah, blah.' I'm like, excuse me? First off, it's not even true. I never said that. And second, who the hell cares what she has to say about my fans? Whatever. Hilary Duff's such a goody-goody, such a mommy's girl."

The "Complicated" pseudo punker, who's out promoting "Under My Skin," the follow-up to her blockbuster debut, "Let Go," admits she's never met the "Lizzie Maguire" starlet, who is currently feuding with fellow teen queen Lindsay Lohan (the bad blood began after both dated non-threatening pop pin-up Aaron Carter).

"But I'm sure she's really nice and really sweet," Lavigne sarcastically tells the magazine. "I'm sure she's all smiles." So far, the goody-goody mommy's girl, er, Hilary, hasn't responded to Avril's jibes, most likely because she's been working overtime stumping for her new fashion line, Stuff by Hilary Duff, which can be found at Target and the Canadian retailer HBC.

"I don't dress for boys. I dress to feel cool and confident," Hilary tells the Toronto Star. "Looking good and being trendy shouldn't mean showing a lot of skin, either." Coincidentally (we think), one of the items found in Duff's line is a tank top with a picture of necktie on it.

http://entertainment.msn.com/celebs/article.aspx?news=152575

:rolleyes:

2. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    who cares?

3. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Obviously Avril does!

4. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    evidently :D

5. blech.....

eeesh.
    Like a soap opera starring middle school girls.

6. Drama = lame
    Silly Celebrity Pop Drama = Really lame

7. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I rather have one of these cookie cutter pop singers over Avril anyday. I swear that Avril truly believes she's "Punk", original, and has intergrity.

And what's with the new Lindsey Lohan movie? They covered her freckles; the best thing about Lindsey is her freckles. :mad: I want more cute girls with freckles. Okay, I'm going to fade back into obscurity now.

8. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    +1 times a million :rolleyes: